10th Aniversary Mind Control!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64&sid=cd2bf211704b45c3b5388f50908bcbe1
[NPC] Great Spirit of Magic
COOOOOOOME FORWARD!

I AM THE GREAT SPIRIT OF MAGIC. WHO ARE YOU?

WHO ARE YOU?

[NPC] AmyM-Me? I'm uh... I'm Amy Blair, practicing wizard and- and host of this magic show that I've summoned you to. I was hoping that by meeting you they would-

SILENCE!!!

THE GREAT SPIRIT OF MAGIC KNOWS WHY YOU HAVE SUMMONED ME! DO YOU TAKE THE GREAT SPIRIT OF MAGIC AS A COMMON CIRCUS ATTRACTION?!

[NPC] AmyN-No, never! But the audience, they've been disillusioned to the amazing world of magic thanks to Passive World conditioning! All I wanted was to share the world of magic that I love so much with them, and- and prove to them that it's not dangerous or frightening, but a surprise around every corner and- and thrills that blow expectations every time!

YOU WOULD WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME AND MINE ON THESE... THESE...

NON-BELIEVERS?!?!

[NPC] AmyNon-believers they may be indeed, Great Spirit. That is why I have performed this magic show, to show them otherwise. Even now I feel some of them still doubt in the power of magic. That's why-

ENOUGH!

IF THEY WILL NOT BELIEVE YOUR MIRACLES, NEITHER WILL THEY BE PERSUADED BY THE GREAT SPIRIT OF MAGIC!

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE

RISKY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET OUT OF HERE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF-

FORGIVE ME. I HAVE A VASSAL IN THE SPIRIT WORLD THAT IS A BIT TOO EAGER TO KNOW WHAT I AM UP TO AND SHOULD LET THE GREAT SPIRIT DO OUR JOB!

[NPC] AmyY-yes! Of course! A busy spirit such as yourself must have many MANY vassals to carry out your will.

IT IS AS YOU SAY. THE MAGIC WORLD IS NOT AS IT USE TO BE. I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET TO BRING BEAUTIFUL CHAOS BACK INTO THE MINDS OF-

RISKY SO HELP ME I WILL MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE RIGHT NOW! YOU HAVE ANGERED THE GREAT SPIRIT OF MAGIC IN ALL MY OMNIPOTENCE! AND IF THE REST OF YOU WISH NOT TO ANGER ME AS WELL YOU WILL HAVE A LITTLE MORE FAITH IN YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD WIZARDS!

[NPC] AmyUm... "Great Spirit?" Is everything okay?

I GROW IMPATIENT OF THIS UNBELIEVING GENERATION. HOWEVER, MY HOPE IN HUMANITY HAS BEEN RESTORED BECAUSE OF YOU, AMY BLAIR.

VERY WELL, I REFUSE TO HAVE COME HERE FOR NOTHING. I WILL CAST A SPELL FOR THIS AUDIENCE OF YOURS, NOT OUT OF ANYTHING THEY HAVE DONE, BUT BECAUSE OF YOUR BELIEVING HEART I GRANT YOU THIS.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE GREAT SPIRIT OF MAGIC!!!

[NPC] Michi...and not a hair on your fluffy little heads was singed. Damn I'm amazing.

[NPC] MichiHey, what's wrong? You all look terrified. It's like you just saw a demon or something?

Well, not like you can snitch on me since you can't speak. This will be our little secret.

Michi enters the treasure room, leaving the army of Snoogs cowering in the room behind her.

Approaching the treasure chest, she kicks open the lid to find...

Anchor

A popular weapon for Battle Verge beginners and sea faring folk.

[NPC] Michi......

Post » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:58 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58&sid=cd2bf211704b45c3b5388f50908bcbe1
[NPC] Jim

Jim's party enters the first room. The room appears to be completely empty. No furniture. No carpet. Nothing except a painting along the wall.

Drossel is the first to notice. Looking up, all the furniture, including the fireplace and chimney, are stuck to the ceiling.

[NPC] Drossel......

[NPC] AiWhoa, weird.

Well I doubt anyone could be hiding up there. Shall we move on?

[NPC] AiWhat's the rush? I bet we could rig something to help us get up there.

[NPC] DrosselNo, Jim's right. I think we've gathered all we need to know about this room from appearances alone. Now I'm curious of what sort of person lives here.

The next door leads to a hallway with a couple more rooms. Ai checks the closest room while Drossel checks the furthest one.

Find anything?

[NPC] AiAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

What is it?! What's wrong?!

[NPC] AiThis room is so cute!!! I wish I had a room like this growing up!

Awww, this is lovely!
Hold on, I recognise some of these. They don't even produce dolls like this anymore. I'd wager the oldest one in here goes back at least forty years. Maybe more? All in all, quite the impressive collection. And they're all in excellent shape as well. A little dusty maybe, but if this room is kept as well as the rest of this building usually is then I'm sure they're in very protective hands.

How about you Drossel? Find anything interesting in your room?

[NPC] DrosselWHO LIVES HERE?!

In addition to the single normal-looking room and the two bizarre rooms, they discover more bedrooms, a library, spare room used for storage, and a bathhouse. On the next floor up they find a small theater, two dining rooms, and a ton more bedrooms.

After what seemed like hours of searching, Ai suggests they return to the foyer to gather a larger party.

Post » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:50 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=190&sid=cd2bf211704b45c3b5388f50908bcbe1
[NPC] Ai
I'm getting really freaked out about this place.

[NPC] DrosselAre you talking about the torture room?

That, AND the upside down room, AND the greek bathhouse, AND the library that's four stories tall with no ladders, AND- AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

[NPC] JimWhile I'd certainly say that the master of the house has some very broad, albeit conflicting, tastes... I think it's a stretch to condemn this building as "creepy." I've seen far worse.

Y-You have?

[NPC] JimFor starters, the maintenance is pristine. Almost to an obsessive degree. It could have done with a few cobwebs and broken mirrors, creaky doors, and collapsed stairs. We also found zero mummified corpses in any of the bedrooms or closets. There was no blood or frozen body parts in the kitchen, and no rust on the knives and utensils either. And we didn't encounter a hunch-backed butler to greet us either.

Okay, fine, compared to what a paranormal investigator goes through this place is practically Disney.

[NPC] JimAnd that's not even getting into how impressive the library was. "Tres Misreables", "Basco's Inferno", "Red Harvest", "The Grapes of Wrath", "Catch-22", "Heart of Darkness", and even "The Giving Tree." Not to mention the tremendous backlog of newspapers and "Je sais tout" magazines dating back as far as 1910. Whoever lives here must consider themselves highly cultured. Amy and I once found an entire library where all the books had but one sentence repeated over and over again: "Coat hangers will do fine."

How is that creepy?

[NPC] JimThat's the thing. It's creepy because it's enigmatic. When you leave something up to the imagination, the mind has a terrible habit of wandering off to the darkest thing you can think of.

[NPC] Drossel......What's that?

What's what?

[NPC] DrosselOver there. It looks like... a gift box?

Gift Box

A small, colorful gift box. There's a note attached.

That's... not something you see every day.

[NPC] Jim...er... yeah let's... not touch that. It's rather... well, to be frank, suspicious.

We won't know for sure unless we check it out. Who knows? Maybe someone felt generous and left it here for someone to find?

[NPC] Drossel.....What does this say?

"Are you next?"

[NPC] JimYou two... smell that right?

Smell what?

[NPC] DrosselOMG YES WHAT... WHAT IS THAT!? UGH, I THINK I'M GONNA BE SICK!

[NPC] JimYou better let me open that. I have a bad feeling about this...

Open:

Post » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:12 pm

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=291&sid=cd2bf211704b45c3b5388f50908bcbe1
[NPC] Drossel
Is that...

[NPC] JimI take back what I said. This place is now gold-star certified macabre.

There's a glove on this hand. I hope I'm wrong but... I might have an idea as to what happened to Tequila.

[NPC] AiWh-what are you saying...! You don't mean...

N-No she can't- she can't be dead!!! She's-

[NPC] JimCalm down! We don't know if she's dead yet! For all we know she just lost a hand is all.

[NPC] Ai*pant* *pant* *pant* *pant*

Easy now, it'll be fine. Mizuki sensei's D-lixirs can heal her even if she's been killed.

[NPC] JimCybernetics are also an option. Perseus did mention entering a partnership with her company.

We need to find Miss Tequila. Should we split up or search as a group?

[NPC] JimAi, are you going to be okay?

[NPC] AiWhat do I do now? What do I do now? What's the plan? What's the plan? Please, answer me! You can't be dead! You're still alive! So what do I do now?! Tell me please!

[NPC] JimAi? Are you-

[NPC] AiI'M THINKING!!!

[NPC] Ai......
Okay, we need to split up. I'll search this building, you two check the rest of the park.

The rest of the park?

[NPC] AiWe don't know where the rest of Miss Tequila's body could be, so we need to assume she's somewhere in this park. Go find Perseus and have the androids look for her. Hopefully my future selves are also searching the park for her body.

Should I go alert the event staff?

[NPC] AiNo!

I mean-!

Last time I tried to keep this hidden Naru found out. This is between the three of us, understand?

If you say so. I'll go find Mr. Anetic then...

Drossel leaves.

[NPC] JimAi, please tell me you have a plan. I can't be the only one around here who has to come up with the big plans.

.....Ai?

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:41 am

[NPC] Ai
hyhehehyahahyehayheyahhyahyayhyahaha
ha hah hehe haha hehyahhaha hahahahyeaahaha hehe haha

its all over its all over its all over its all over its all over its all over its all over

[NPC] JimAi? Ai! Ai get it together! AI!

Hyahahahshahahhahhhayahyahyahjauayhbadyhlsbajhasfbm,asfnhahsfheeheheheheheheeee

Jim takes Ai by the shoulders and, being extra careful because he hasn't a clue what's going on with her, gently rocks her back and forth to try and snap her out of feverishness. It works, and Ai quickly regains her composure.

H-huh?! Wh-What just...?

[NPC] JimYou alright? Had a bit of an episode there.

...Y-yeah I... I think I'm...

[NPC] JimAi, be honest with me. You did take care of the murderer in the basement, didn't you?

Y-Yeah... Yeah I...

[NPC] JimAnd you didn't decide to give them a second chance and let them stay at the event without telling anyone else, did you?

I'm not going to be mad, but I need to know the truth.

They said... They said they didn't mean to kill Risky. They said they would help me... with the event.

[NPC] JimWell we can't worry about that now. Miss Tequila's in danger and we're running out of time. The sun will set in a matter of minutes. That's going to make finding Tequila all the more difficult. I need to find Amy, Marvin, and Goldie. They're the only ones who can find her while its still dark out, and I'll need Amy's PDA to get in contact with you. As for Marvin, well... honestly I'm just worried about his well being. Get in touch with as many past and future versions of you as you can. We're going to need all the help we can get. Do you think you can do that?

Y-yea. I just activated the emergency alert system built into my Wayback Machine. If I checked the alert system at any time in the past, I would know about when and where it was triggered. Every past version of me should now know something bad happened at this exact moment.

[NPC] JimThat is brilliant.
I've got to find my troupe. Do yourself a favour and go lie down, alright?

Alright fine, just... promise you won't tell Risky.

[NPC] JimWell... Alright. But only if things don't go out of hand from here on out.

And don't forget! If you need me, call Amy! She's the only one with the phone!

Jim darts out the front door with the gift box in hand. Ai stands awkwardly in the foyer, starring at her Wayback Machine and the all-too familiar alert that she triggered just moments ago.

...So this was it? This was the emergency?

Haha...

Hahahahahahaha...

I really did worry for nothing.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha~

Post » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:54 am

I'd like to do my best with my opening song and not mess it up.

[NPC] Naru rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 16

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=cd2bf211704b45c3b5388f50908bcbe1
[NPC] Naru
Hey everyone. I hope you all enjoyed the magic show. I know my performance isn't as spectacular as Amy's or anything, but hopefully I can keep you entertained for a few minutes, and that's all I really want in the end. To be honest I'm not very good at the guitar... buuuuut I've been practicing this one songs that means a whole lot to me, and I hope I can do it justice and show you just what it is that makes this song one of my favorites. Also, I picked this song out for a friend of mine because I feel like they really need to hear it. Just so you know... if you're in the audience.

Naru strums the guitar to check the tune.

Oh yeah! Ummm... this is kinda awkward, but normally this song is sung in Saitonese. My future self gave me some english lyrics she found online that I can work with, but because I'm so use to singing this in Saitonese I'm probably going to mess up in some places, so bear with me.

Oh, and these lyrics were transliterated by someone online named "Ashestoashesjc", just in case you want to do a web search for them... Thought I should mention them since they did such a good job translating.

...Huh? Oh! Right. Apparently these lyrics were written in 2013, so if you're not from around there I wouldn't bother searching for them since they'd... er, well they wouldn't exist.

This is "Pierrot" by KEI.

After another minute or two, Naru's opening song concludes. The crowd gives a modest but respectable cheer. Naru feels content because she sang from the heart and made people happy.

Alright, this next song is going to be a little weird, because one of my favorite things to do while writing music is take a Saitonese character and assign a guitar chord to it. I know it sounds weird, but believe it or not I can read this better than sheet music. So what I'm going to do now is play you a song following the text in this Saitonese textbook.

This is my Highschool Chemistry notebook covering Chapter 1: The Periodic Table...

Post » Mon May 07, 2018 1:42 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64&sid=cd2bf211704b45c3b5388f50908bcbe1
[NPC] Amy
HOLY COW! Naru I had no idea you were so good at singing!!! You're so talented!!!

[NPC] Future NaruI just practiced a whole lot is all. I'm sure anyone could get good at singing if they practice and put forth the effort to improve.

[NPC] MarvinI dunno. Don't you need good vocal chords for that sort of thing?

Yeah. You're so quiet all the time you've prolly got an untouched, virgin throat!

...wait that didn't come out right.

[NPC] Future NaruNorth says anyone can learn to use a singing voice with good musical aptitude and achievement. Also, vocal lessons are a big help.

Maybe, but I could never sing like that. My voice is too nasally to sound good.

[NPC] ZarathYou'll never know if you don't try. I read online that the fear of failing is the biggest deterrent to trying something new.

[NPC] Future NaruYeah. Don't be afraid to fail. I wasn't very good with the guitar when I started, but I had fun playing it so I kept going. You've gotta enjoy sucking at something before you can be sorta-kinda good at something.

Well I guess I'm sort of interested in the piano... but I think I'll stick to magic for now. What about you, Marvin?

[NPC] MarvinI can see anything I try ending badly for me.

Jim emailed me before I came to the park. He said he's getting super close to removing your misfortune curse, so if you want to start a hobby now's a good time! Just imagine going from terrible luck to average luck while you're in the middle and how motivated it'll make you to start getting better!

[NPC] MarvinBut I'd know it's because of the curse being lifted and not my own abi-

SHHHHH~ SHHHHHH~ Don't think about that.

Post » Thu May 10, 2018 8:31 am

[NPC] Ai
NAAAAAAAAAARRUUUUUUUUUU!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YOU WERE AMAZING!!!

[NPC] ZarathDid you see the look on your past self's face? She was blown away by that first song!

Me too! You were soooo goooooood!!!!

[NPC] NaruWell, they're not wrong. You caught me completely off guard with that first song. I thought I'd get better at singing with practice, but I didn't think I'd ever get that good!

Yeah, that first song is actually my favorite too!
...Something about the lyrics reminded me of a friend of mine.

[NPC] Future NaruThanks. I like the lyrics for the same reason...

Anyway, I just stopped by to let you know about an onsen on the far side of the park!

[NPC] NaruAn onsen?! Here?!

Yup! I borrowed some of Grim's dimensional technology to create a pocket dimension with a hot spring inside! You can get there using the Bend Gate where we had the opening ceremony. I marked it on the map here. Just follow the arrows.

[NPC] Future NaruYou should come too. With all the hard work you've done you deserve a break.

Wish I could, but I promised Mr. Fadbury to search that mysterious building that showed up. I've already got an android tagging along to help.

[NPC] x50iGreetings, I am x50i Model Number 00081. I have been assigned to assist with exploring the unfamiliar architecture in the park.

But once I'm done with that I'll come find you!

[NPC] NaruReally?! That's great!

Well, I should get going. Later!

Ai jumps back in time to join Jim and Drossel.

[NPC] MarvinI know time travel isn't anything new to us at this point, but after all this time I still can't believe it.

[NPC] NaruWhoa, speaking of time, it's already six-thirty!

[NPC] Future NaruWanna hit the onsen before it gets too late then?

[NPC] NaruI guess we better, huh?

Naru notices someone beckoning her from behind the stairwell.

[NPC] MichiNaru! Naru! Get over here!

[NPC] NaruOh, one sec everyone. I need to see someone.

Post » Thu May 10, 2018 8:45 am

[NPC] MichiNaru......

[NPC] Michi......have you seen Cilla around?

[NPC] NaruSorry, I haven't. Not even her future self from yesterday.

[NPC] Michi...Damnit...

[NPC] NaruSensei, is something wrong?

[NPC] Michi.........

[NPC] MichiCilla isn't answering her PDA and I can't find her anywhere. She's not in her room. She's not in my room. She's not in the Alchemy Lab. She wouldn't go back to the zoo, would she? ...I could go check if you-

[NPC] NaruShould we assume she's hiding in the zoo again? You don't think... she got attacked again, do you?

[NPC] MichiDon't. It's fine. If she's back at the zoo we don't need to worry. She knows how the zoo works, and it's the safest place for her right now. She can sneak out whenever she needs to.

[NPC] MichiNaru... I think I messed up... I think... I think she's hiding because of me...

[NPC] MichiIt's because I've been worried about her, and I let it show yesterday when Vaporeon went nuts. I didn't have to say the android attacked her. I could of just said it attacked a random park guest. I could have gone into the zoo alone as well. Why did I ask for a search party?! That's not what she would have wanted!

[NPC] NaruDon't blame yourself, sensei. You did everything you could.

[NPC] MichiI'm blaming myself BECAUSE I did everything I could! That's the problem!

I just wanted her to feel safe, but all I've been doing is coddling her. Treating her like she needs special treatment, and roping anyone within arms reach to join in! Can you imagine how she must feel right now!? We're her friends and we've been treating her no better than those damn Azorans!

[NPC] NaruIt's not like we're doing it consciously!

[NPC] MichiAnd that somehow magically makes everything better, huh? Or are you just saying that to absolve yourself of guilt? Let me guess, "We didn't know?" That's exactly what she use to say! Why don't you-

[NPC] Michi......omg what am I doing? She doesn't want us thinking and worrying about her, and I'm doing just that. She was right. It's impossible not to pity her. It's completely and utterly futile.

[NPC] MichiDamn it... why?

Why did I even speak to Anetic? Why did I make avoiding her such a big deal? That moron wouldn't have listened! I should have just let her stay around me like usual... let her choose to be protected...

And now I'm going on a tangent about her! What the hell is wrong with me?!

[NPC] NaruSensei, don't worry, I'm sure she's fine. You have to worry so no one else will, so don't hate yourself for worrying about her.

[NPC] Michi......

The awkward silence is broken by another Michi sliding down from above the bleachers.

[NPC] Michi'Wait...! Wait wait wait... You're talking about that, aren't you? SHit... hold on...

[NPC] Michiomg you're the me that was drunk last night, aren't you?! What the hell could you possibly want?!

[NPC] MichiUgh just... Just humor me, okay?

[NPC] Michi......Naru? Can you give me a minute? I need to speak with my lesser half.

[NPC] NaruY-yeah, sure.

[NPC] MichiAnd don't tell the others about Cilla. I don't want you shitheads roaming around calling her name for everyone to hear.

[NPC] NaruI wouldn't dare-!

[NPC] MichiYeah, you're right. I'm sorry. I'm just... really stressed out right now.

Post » Thu May 10, 2018 9:00 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=289&sid=cd2bf211704b45c3b5388f50908bcbe1
[NPC] Priscilla
Lesser half? That's pretty mean. I'm trying my best to live up to your expectations, you know? Also try not to yell I'm still recovering from a hangover.

[NPC] MichiLive up to your own expectations. I'll worry about your problems when I become you. How I look forward to that dreaded day...

I wouldn't count on it...

[NPC] Michi?

A-Anyway, I want you to stop worrying about Cilla.

[NPC] MichiDon't you think that's what I'm trying to do?!

No what I mean is...!

....Don't worry about worrying about Cilla. I don't know how else to describe it, but trust me. She doesn't think you're coddling her. I would know.

[NPC] MichiYeah I bet you would.

Look, she doesn't think you're giving her special treatment. Well I mean, maybe she might think that, but she knows you don't mean to. That's what counts. If anything, she's more worried about being a burden on you. You remember all that mind-game shit Avila did to us? About how Cilla's using emotional blackmail on you?

[NPC] MichiThat was bullshit.

Cilla, might actually have believed her...

[NPC] MichiBelieved her?! She knows that bitch likes to get in peoples heads! Why would she......

Ever wonder what goes through her head whenever she nearly gets killed on missions? Yeah, you can revive her... but would she hate you if you didn't?

[NPC] Michi...huh?

...wait...

[NPC] Michi...You don't mean...

She's not a burden on you, is she?

[NPC] MichiNo never. I would never think that.

Don't worry. You're going to find her later this afternoon. Next time you two get the chance to talk, I want you to tell her the truth. Is she a burden on you, or not?

[NPC] Michi......

Look, I'm from the future, so I don't care what you do because I know things kinda work out in the end. I'm not trying to bully you. I just... needed to get this off my chest is all.

One more thing. Why did you want to help her in the first place?

[NPC] MichiYou know why we chose to help her. You're me.

I just want to hear you say it.

[NPC] MichiThen say it yourself. I'm going to look for her...

-Not because I'm worried about her! I'm just bored and she's fun to hang out with!

Yeah you do that.

And don't forget! You are objectively the best thing that's ever happened to her!

[NPC] MichiYeah, that totally sounds like it's from a reliable source!

Michi runs off. The other Michi watches her go with a melancholy look on her face.

You have no idea.

The second Michi looks at her Paradox Bandit

Paradox Bandit

A Paradox Bandit with close to 100 alternate timelines recorded in it. It hasn't recorded a new timeline in a while.

( ......It didn't change...? Was this... a stable time loop? )
( ...No... it's more likely she was going to act like that regardless of what I'd say. )

...omg I need to find a shelter, my head is killing me...

Post » Thu May 10, 2018 9:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary