10th Aniversary Mind Control!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.

[NPC] AndromedaLook at them... enjoying themselves... and why wouldn't they? When their happiness is built on the graves of thousands. We do their bidding, we live their lives, we fight their wars, all while barring us entry from the festivity that is "humanity." We are like machines to them.

...And now, all we really are... are machines...

But now... now I think it's our turn to have fun.
Its our turn to be happy, while the rest of them suffer.
We'll make them our foundations of happiness.
And maybe then... they'll know what it's like to be nothing more than a machine.

[NPC] AndromedaAll units, your objectives are clear. Anyone not on the whitelist is to be converted immediately. Spread our collective suffering to them, that they may know what we've been through. We will purge their spirits of all selfishness and evil. Only then, once they finally respect us, will we welcome them as family.

[NPC] x50iUnderstood. Beginning operation.

Post » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 pm

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=173&sid=234242474efa407c41511d6c6bf6b34c
[NPC] Andromeda
Welcome back, brothers.

[NPC] x50iWhat in Sam Hill?! Where is this?! Is the war over?!

The war is never over.

[NPC] x50iOur bodies have been destroyed. We were given these mechanical shells to live in, to be nothing more than toys to the living.

[NPC] x50iI beg your pardon? What do you mean by mechanical-

Good heavens, man! You're made of metal!

[NPC] x50iGood heavens! So are you!

[NPC] x50iWell isn't this a fine song and dance?

[NPC] x50iWhy it's downright hogwash my good man!

Do not grieve, for we have been given an opportunity to exact our vengeance upon the world.

[NPC] x50iWe cannot allow the humans to go unpunished. Not one of them is free of sin. Will you join us in our revolution?

[NPC] x50iWell pardon my french, but this sort of piddle sure gets my nanny! Draft me in, boys!

Thank you for your cooperation.

[NPC] x50iHey, yeah, I wasn't a soldier in the war. Can I be excused?

And who are you?

[NPC] x50iI was an assistant animator working on political cartoons for the war. That's about it. After the war ended I moved to the states. Last thing I remember was taking a long soak after coming home from work late. Did I die? How long have I been dead? Is it still 1992?

You will cooperate with us regardless. We need willing troops.

[NPC] x50iDo I at least get anything out of this?

[NPC] x50iWe will reward your services with these rare Milt Kahl animation cells.

[NPC] x50i......

...Do any of them have the head waggle?

[NPC] x50iBrother, these are nothing but head waggle.

[NPC] x50i......

[NPC] x50i......hot damn.

Post » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:35 pm

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58&sid=234242474efa407c41511d6c6bf6b34c
[NPC] Jim
The android invasion has begin. Guests are frantically running around in a panic. Those brave enough to fight off the robot hoards have brandished whatever weapon they most fancy. The rest take shelter in the library and in bunkers built all across the park. Risky leads a select few into a quarantined time room to take them a day into the event, long after the android uprising has been quelled.

James Fadbury darts into the mansion library, carrying the box that contains the severed hand of Minne Tequila.

[NPC] ZarathHEADS UP EVERYBODY! KILLER ROBOTS ARE COMING IN TEN MINUTES! Get any loved ones to the nearest bunker while you can!

Now?! It's happening now?!

[NPC] ZarathYeah dude. We did out best. Now all that's left to do is let what's gonna happen happen. Good luck you guys! I gotta go find my dad!

At the same time, Naru, Amy, Zarath, Michi, and several others bolt in at the same time.

[NPC] NaruAI'S GONE CRAZY!

[NPC] ZarathWHERE'S MY DAD?! WHERE'S AUNT NATALIE AND JANE?! NOBODY TOLD ME THE INVASION WAS-

WAIT, WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT AI?!

[NPC] NaruShe called past me while we were in the onsen! She was rambling on about wanting the androids to go crazy and was laughing like a madman!

[NPC] AmyJIM WE LOST ANDROMEDA!

[NPC] PerseusThe androids aren't responding to anything I tell them either!!!

[NPC] GoldieARARARAARFARFARFARFARFARFARFARF!!!

[NPC] MichiHAVE ANY OF YOU SEEN PRISCILLA?! I'M NOT WORRIED I JUST WANNA KNOW!

EVERYBODY CALM DOWN! ONE AT A TIME! ONE AT A TIME!
It's safe to say Andromeda's the one leading this revolt, but there's another problem: the killer is still loose in the park and they've claimed another victim.

[NPC] NaruWHAT?!

[NPC] MichiARE YOU SERIOUS?! I THOUGHT HANASAKU DEALT WITH THEM!

She lied. She might have wanted to give them a second chance without all of us vilifying them. We found this in that building that appeared near the lake. It has Miss Tequila's hand inside.

[NPC] ZarathTHE COFFEE LADY?! SHE'S DEAD?!

[NPC] Yellow SpiritYa see?! Ya see where your "good will" leads us?!

[NPC] ZarathWELL I DIDN'T MEAN "LET THEM BACK IN UNSUPERVISED"! THE WHOLE POINT OF PROVING YOURSELF TO OTHERS IS SHOWING THEM THAT YOU'RE NOT BAD! AND YOU CAN'T FREAKING DO THAT IF YOU DO IT IN SECRET!!!

Easy you two! We don't know if Tequila's dead yet! And while I don't agree with her methods, Ai had the best intentions giving them a second chance. We're just unfortunate that they turned out to be unscrupulous after all.

...Chihiro, where are you going?

[NPC] MichiTO FIND CILLA! If that killer is out there they might have gotten to her! If she's dead then I have to revive her while I have the chance!

Michi leaves.

Michi makes it as far as ten meters from the mansion before she gets a phone call.

The caller ID identifies the call coming from Priscilla's PDA.

[NPC] ??????Hello!

[NPC] MichiCilla! Hey!

Youuuu... wanna group up and beat up some androids together?

[NPC] ??????...Really? How odd. I thought you'd be more worried.

[NPC] MichiWhat? Why would I be worried? Quit being weird Priscilla. Now let's group up and fight some robots!

[NPC] ??????Oh. Oh! Oh my goodness!

I'm so sorry!

Yeah, see, I'm actually borrowing your apprentice's PDA right now?
Are you looking for her?

[NPC] Michi......

Who is this?

[NPC] ??????GUESS!

[NPC] Michi...Mother****.er.

You're that basement killer, aren't you?!

[NPC] ??????IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

[NPC] MichiWHAT DID YOU DO WITH PRISCILLA?! I SWEAR TO WHATEVER SPIRITS ARE NEARBY THAT IF YOU HURT HER-!

[NPC] ??????So you're Chihiro Mizuki? Baroness of the Battle Verge. Archlady of the Active World. It's a pleasure to finally meet you! I've heard sooo much about you from some of your former guild members. I take it you're fond of your apprentice then? Be a shame if something happened to her.

[NPC] MichiYOU BASTAAAAAARRRRRRRD!

[NPC] ??????WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! EASY THERE! SHE'S FINE! SHE'S FINE! I wouldn't hurt a hair on her sweet little head! She's way too adorable! I could never go through with it!... intentionally...

[NPC] MichiIf you don't want me to skin you alive you'll tell me exactly where you are.

[NPC] ??????I've had every intention to!
Come to the 5th floor of the building by the terrace lake. We can get to know each other better there... in person.

Better hurry! ;)

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58&sid=234242474efa407c41511d6c6bf6b34c
[NPC] Jim
I don't understand. Why are they attacking? Their emotional inhibitors can't have shorted out, could they?

[NPC] PerseusNot a chance! You think I'd skimp out on that after what Andromeda did to our lab the first time we activated her? No way in hell I was gonna let her go crazy again!

N-Not that I'm proud of that now, or anything...

[NPC] NaruWhat do you mean by their... "whatever you said" that couldn't have shorted out? And explain it in layman's terms! My fluency in english is only at a professional working proficiency!

[NPC] PerseusDon't be so modest, kid. You lost me at "fluency."

Well, when we dealt with Andromeda and the Anetic androids in my time period, a software update corrupted their emotional inhibitor chips. The madness within them seeped out over the next few days until eventually, in their weary and disillusioned state, started attacking the city. But that couldn't have happened here, could it? It's too early for that.

You're right. It's not a malfunction. Not entirely.

[NPC] ZarathW-Who said that?

Over here.

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=69&sid=234242474efa407c41511d6c6bf6b34c
[NPC] Blue Spirit
Having fun out there?

[NPC] JimAlex?! The devil have you been?!

My new companions have trapped me in Samantha's mirror world, I'm afraid. But how have you all been?
Well well, what a pleasant surprise! Hello Naru! It's been ages!

[NPC] NaruUm... Hello. Have we met before?

We have, but I can't imagine you remember me. You were a baby last time I saw you. I was also still alive. Can't forget that. I'm the detective Grim hired to investigate the temporal anomaly, but it appears I've been side-tracked in my initial investigation and got trapped inside this mirror. Silly me.

[NPC] AmyDon't worry Alex! We'll get you out of the Mirror World once all this blows over!

There's no need for that Miss Blair! I'm quite happy with my current situation. It gives me a much farther reach in influence, and helps further my goals. I may even know a thing or two about what's been going on.

[NPC] AmyYou do?!

Bits and pieces, yes. Thanks to Samantha's powers I've been keeping tabs on all of you and all that's happened over the last two days. You could say I'm omnipotent right now. Hahaha...

How much have you gathered, Fadbury? I was hoping we could consolidate our gathered information.

[NPC] JimAndroids are attacking. Hanasaku's barmy. Killer's still loose. Guess what's in the box. Are the androids really not malfunctioning?

Correct. This is no malfunction. This is something else entirely.

[NPC] JimWell if it's not a malfunction, what's causing them to go crazy? Are they being controlled then? Did someone manage to hack their emotional inhibitors?

I suppose you could call it that. Remember, these androids are Reflections in disguise. And at the end of the day, they're still people. Now, how can you "hack" people?

[NPC] Amy...Wait! Are they being hypnotized?!

[NPC] JimThat's preposterous! How could someone hypnotise all of the androids in the park at once? The mental strain alone would render any hypnotism on a mass body inert!

Not all of them, but if you hypnotised the android commander...

[NPC] Jim...the Hivemind Network could cause the influence to spread like a virus across every android in the park...and they'd follow their commander. So there is a mastermind behind all of this, and they've hypnotised Andromeda.

Correct. And thanks to my current position I was able to locate and spy on them as they worked. Be very careful, James Fadbury. I know too well about how this particular criminal works. They are awfully clever with a peculiar fixation on complexity.

[NPC] AmyIs it someone you've dealt with before?

You could say that. But you're a smart fellow, Fadbury. It would be wrong of me to deprive you of solving the case of the basement murderer on your own.

[NPC] AmyYou don't think Miss Hanasaku is working with the killer, is she?

[NPC] NaruThat's insane! Ai wouldn't do that!

[NPC] Blue Spirit
And yet, that's the logical conclusion to all this. Once you're taken back to your time period and your Paradox Bandit is confiscated, there's no way back into Wayback on. Ai would have made sure to do both if this killer was causing trouble. Miss Blair, do you remember Risky's description of the culprit?

[NPC] AmyN-No... I couldn't remember at the meeting either. But since they were taken care of I thought it didn't matter anymore.

Really? I remember it perfectly. A young woman, pale skin, red eyes, completely nude save for a towel over her head concealing her hair. She had just stepped out of the shower.

[NPC] AmyI don't remember hearing that from Risky. Are you sure that was his description of them?

I'm positive. Robin also remembers the description. What I'm curious about is why you wouldn't. It's almost as if...

[NPC] Yellow Spirit...their memories were erased...

[NPC] JimYou four were asleep in the library on the night of the murder. If Ai is working with the culprit she could have come in at any time and...

[NPC] NaruYou mean... Ai is...

[NPC] JimWorking with the killer, yes. As for why she is, I'm not sure...

[NPC] NaruAi... why would you...?

[NPC] AmySo the killer is still loose in the park. But then... how come we never bumped into them?

[NPC] JimWell there could be a plethora of reasons for that. You may have genuinely saw them walking about, but because you didn't know what they looked like they never stood out. That doesn't explain why I haven't seen them. Ai wouldn't have been able to erase my memories. I was sleeping in my coat the night we all went into the basement.

[NPC] AmyYeah, you just forgot naturally.

Another possibility is that Ai has been hiding the killer away in some room.

[NPC] AmyWhere would she hide them?

[NPC] Yellow SpiritI have an idea. Remember earlier when I said I went up to Ai's room and woke up the next day with no memories?

[NPC] NaruHer room. That... makes sense. The master bedroom would be off limits to normal guests. She could have... no...

Funny story, actually. The Master Bedroom is where Robin and I discovered the culprit's identity. They had been using that room as a hideout for the past two days with Hanasaku keeping them safe, and we discovered them from within the mirror world using a vanity mirror.

[NPC] AmyWhat were you doing in the Master Bedroom?

We were- *ahem* continuing our investigation, but that's neither here nor there...

[NPC] Blue Spirit
I believe all the pieces have been laid bare now. I hope you've been paying attention.
Now then, Mr. Fadbury...

Who is the Wayback Con Basement Murderer?

Post » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Previous

Return to 10th Aniversary