10th Aniversary Necromancy!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=63&sid=f8af038d8965bc8c565f8e4ab8dec211
[NPC] Samantha
DIAAAAAAAAAANNNNNAAAAAAAA!!!!!

DIAAAAAAAAAANNNNNAAAAAAAA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!

Sam makes it as far as the hallway outside the computer lab before she notices Diana's unconscious body.

DIANA?! DIANA WHAT'S WRONG?!

LEWIS, DIANA'S HURT!!! WHO DID THIS?!

[NPC] LewisWhat the h-

SAM?! WHY AREN'T YOU WATCHING ALEX?!

[NPC] MarvinAlex?!

[NPC] AmySAM?!

HE WASN'T ALONE! THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE IN THERE! I TRAPPED THEM BOTH IN THE MIRROR WORLD THOUGH! THEY CAN'T GET OUT UNLESS I LET THEM!
[NPC] LewisThat sunnova... He had someone else come in with him as backup. Typical! I knew he was too good to be true!

[NPC] AmyDID YOU SAY SAM?! IS YOUR NAME SAMANTHA?! ARE YOU SAMANTHA THE WHITE?!

[NPC] LewisWhat if she is?

Was it you!? Did you do this to Diana?!

Sam tries running into the room, but is stopped by the barrier.

[NPC] LewisForget about them, Sam. They'll stay in that little bubble of theirs if they don't want to die. Jim, and whoever else might be with him, is another story.

Now help me with Diana! We're getting out of here!

Lewis and Samantha carry Diana down the hall.

[NPC] AmyI'm calling Jim. Hold on.

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58&sid=f8af038d8965bc8c565f8e4ab8dec211
[NPC] Jim

Jim, Risky and Goldie have reached the bottom floor of the basement. There's a single room behind a pad-locked iron door. Security cameras line the hallway leading to the guarded room at the end of the hall.

[NPC] Yellow SpiritYou've been down here before, right? What is this place?

Freedom Fighter Syndicate's maximum security containment facility. Designed to imprison the most dangerous beings imaginable, or at the very least attempt to. Only ever been used once or twice... three times at most. The facility in Pantheria was much more robust, so this one was only used to contain threats close to Little City... even if they weren't a threat to begin with...

[NPC] Yellow SpiritYou okay?

Mmmmm... Yeah, fine, fine... Just... remembering a good friend from years and years ago...

Risky can tell Jim looks very sad.

Jim places an ear against the door and taps on it in a friendly rythm.

We don't want in. We just want to talk.

Are you going to be okay?

[NPC] Yellow SpiritWho are you talking to?

Who else? The "ghost" is behind this door.

[NPC] Yellow SpiritWh-really?

Is it like some kind of monster the FFS sealed down here?... A-a-and its really angry for being down here for so long and is trying to escape?!

Very good guess, but no. Look at the hinges. They're bent, as if they were forced open. This door isn't for keeping what's in there from getting out. It's for keeping all of us from getting in.

Risky has a phone call from Amy.

[NPC] Yellow SpiritAmy?! Is that you?! Just hearing your voice and seeing your beautiful, 144p face makes me forget all about the trauma I went through a moment ago!

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:51 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64&sid=f8af038d8965bc8c565f8e4ab8dec211
[NPC] Amy
Not Now Risky! Give Jim your phone! This is important!

[NPC] Yellow Spirit......

Risky gives his PDA to Jim.

[NPC] JimHello Amy. How goes the bunker?

It's done, but listen! Samantha isn't the ghost haunting this place, but there's still a ghost down there! Sam was upstairs a moment ago, and she's with the Zombie Gang!

[NPC] JimDiana?! Diana's here?!

Lewis AND Diana! They just destroyed the library trying to get my PDA. Marvin took a fireball to the face, but we're both okay!

[NPC] JimWell it was a matter of time...

[NPC] JimBut why is Diana down here?!

I don't know! They didn't recognize me for some reason. We got into a gunfight, but we were able to fend them off. Diana's out cold, but Lewis is heading straight for you, and he isn't happy you're here!

[NPC] MarvinPlease tell me you didn't intend to make that pun.

What are you talking abou-

OMG I JUST REALIZED WHAT I SAID!!!

[NPC] JimWhat? What did you say?

A loud bang from the iron door startles Jim and Risky. Whatever is on the other side is pounding against the door, causing it to lightly bend out from the wall.

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?! JIM?! JIIIIM?!

[NPC] JimCall you back Amy. Lewis isn't the only one here who isn't happy to see me.

The pounding on the door stops briefly. It's still tightly shut, but a tiny crack was made from where the mechanism in the door broke. Jim and Risky can hear a voice from the other side.

YOU GO AWAAAAAYYYYY

I'm just here to help. We mean you no harm. We have no reason to. We're friends.

LEAVE THIS PLAAAAACEEEE

The ghost continues to bang on the door.

[NPC] Yellow SpiritI think we should do as it says.

[NPC] JimI've seen what you've been through and I can help! I've helped countless people who were in your situation before! Alone, hunted by those that don't understand!

[NPC] Yellow SpiritJim, I think if that thing wanted to turn over a new leaf it wouldn't be trying to get to us right now!

[NPC] JimShe's scared, Risky!

Right now she's like a cornered mouse. She sealed herself down here so no one could harm her. I took the risk of confronting her to see if I could do something, but now she's gotten desperate. She thinks if we're not willing to leave she has to chase us out.

Listen! If you go above ground this really WILL be a disaster! Don't do this!

[NPC] Yellow SpiritYeah keep talking to her, buddy. I'm sure deep down she's a kind, loving soul who's-

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:57 am

BREAK DOWN THE DOOR

The Ghost rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 16

External Avatar
Ghost
Y̵͝O̵̴͠U̡͘͝ ̢҉G̵͟͞O͜͏̵̕͜ ̷̴̨͘͏À̸̷͢͡W̨̨̛A͏̵͟͝A̧̛̕͜A̢͝A͏̧̛͜A̵͞͝A̷͜͏̷͞A̴͜ĄĄ̧̛̛͞Á̴͟͟͝A̡͞͡Y̵͏̀Y̸͠͝Y̕͠Ý̕Y̷Y̨̕͝Y҉̷͜͠Y̷͠

[NPC] Yellow Spirit-ABSOLUTELY ****ING TERRIFYING!

[NPC] JimRUN!!!

[NPC] SamanthaDiana, wake up! Come on, wake up!

Diana is still unconscious.

Most of her body is still frozen from Marvin's ice spell. One of her arms broke off while Lewis was moving her to the subway station and flopped over inside her jacket. Thankfully she's a zombie and they can just stitch it back on later, but even a zombie's immortality has its limits. Any more damage could be fatal.

[NPC] LewisWe can't leave Diana out here alone. It's not safe. Is there any way back in your Mirror World?

[NPC] SamanthaI don't know! I've never been down here before!

[NPC] LewisDamnit! This is all Fadbury's fault! None of this would have happened if he'd just left us alone!

[NPC] LewisImma kill him.

Forget feeding him to the monster. I'm going to kill him just so I can watch him die.

Lewis grabs Diana's gun and the remaining ammo clips on her.

[NPC] LewisStay here with Diana. There's a box of matches in her coat. Start a fire and melt all this ice away.

[NPC] SamanthaBut I don't know how to start a fire!

[NPC] LewisIt's easy. Grab anything that'll burn and throw it into a bonfire. Old leaves would be nice, but all that's down here are newspapers, posters, and paper bags. I dunno, go dig through a trash can! Maybe there's a half-empty beer bottle you can use?

Lewis gives Diana's cricket bat to Sam.

[NPC] LewisUse this if anyone comes after you.

I'll be back.

Lewis opens the entrance to the lower floors...

...and immediately finds Jim running towards the door from down the hall.

[NPC] LewisFADBURY!!!

[NPC] JimLEWIS RUN! I'VE AGGROED THE GHOST!

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:00 am

PERFECT TIMING! TIME TO DIE, FADBURY!

[NPC] Lewis rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 5

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=301&sid=f8af038d8965bc8c565f8e4ab8dec211
[NPC] Lewis

Lewis opens fire on Jim using both his and Diana's gun.

[NPC] JimOh we're doing this again...

Jim's coat slides off his back, with Goldie charging out of it in full werewolf form. Lewis continues to fire his gun at Goldie, but her Werewolf form is absolutely massive and the bullets just bounce off her. Lewis tries to back out of the way before Goldie can pounce on him, but escape is futile. Nothing is faster than a dog.

Goldie pounces on Lewis. The two go flying out into the subway.

Augh! What the ****ing hell?! Nothing can outsmart a bullet!

[NPC] JimNothing except a Werewolf!

[NPC] GoldieAWOOOOOOOO~

Post » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:44 am

Use the wooden bat on the guy Diana doesn't like!

[NPC] Samantha rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 6

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=63&sid=f8af038d8965bc8c565f8e4ab8dec211
[NPC] Samantha

Diana runs at Jim swinging the Cricket Bat she got from Diana.

Jim slowly back out into the station to keep his distance from her.

Go away! Get out of here!

[NPC] JimI'm guessing you must be Samantha.

Leave Diana alone! She doesn't like you!

Samantha desperately swings at Jim. Jim backs out of the way to avoid getting hit.

[NPC] Jim......

Would you like to help capture the ghost?

[NPC] LewisDon't you dare, Sam! He's the enemy!

[NPC] JimQuiet you.

Risky, who has finally caught up to Jim, enters the station with stilted breath.

[NPC] Yellow SpiritWhy the heck did you leave me behind?!

[NPC] JimI thought you could time travel!

[NPC] Yellow SpiritYeah well I didn't think of that, genius!

[NPC] JimWell the ghost hasn't caught up to us yet, so we're fine for now.

[NPC] Yellow SpiritEither the ghost is really slow, or we're both really fast, and I'm starting to believe the latter. You're as fast as a hedgehog and you have the hair to go with it.

[NPC] JimWell I get chased a lot.

But as for the "ghost", the illusion they created was faster than they were. They only want to scare us off, so they must be taking their sweet time to get up here. Their illusion has to have a range, and we happen to run outside it.

Samantha swings at Jim again with the cricket bat, almost hitting Risky as well.

[NPC] Yellow SpiritWh-Wait... Is that suppose to be Samantha? But... she doesn't look anything like the person who killed me.

[NPC] JimShe doesn't?

[NPC] Yellow SpiritI mean... okay, she has pale skin and red eyes, but my killer wasn't a little girl, Jim! She was... well she was a... *ahem* taller.

And why is she attacking you?

[NPC] JimDid I ever mention a lot of people consider me a threat? Maybe if I can-

...calm her down-

...I can get her- to help us capture the ghost.

Go get eaten by the ghost! Nobody likes you!

[NPC] JimRisky, can you call Amy and ask her to meet us here? I could really use some help.

Post » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Use a healing spell on Marvin.

[NPC] Amy rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 18

[NPC] Amy

Amy casts a healing spell on Marvin. Marvin has been restored to full health.

Are you going to be okay?

[NPC] MarvinYeah...

Well, no...

Amy gets a call from Risky.

Ugh, not again...

What is it?
[NPC] Yellow SpiritCan you meet us in the subway station?
We need help catching the ghost. Samantha is here too. She's trying to hit Jim with this wooden paddle thing.

I'll be right there.

I gotta help Jim with something. I'd get you more burn heals but they were in my tote bag. Will you be alright by yourself?

[NPC] MarvinDon't worry, nothing bad can happen if I don't do anything.

You better stay in the library just to be safe. We still got some books left that haven't burned up yet.

[NPC] MarvinIs this even considered a library anymore?

Post » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:34 am

I need to roll to see if the library is still technically a library and if the barrier will still work.

[NPC] Amy rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 14

[NPC] Amy

Barely any books remain intact, and those that survived are severely damaged... but as long as one books remain this is still technically a library.

Yes a library can have only one book and still be called a library! Amy will argue this with you until she's blue in the face, so save yourself the trouble and don't bother. Either way the barrier has been weakened since its strength is measured by how big a library is. Amy and Marvin will have to find more books to replace the ones lost if they want the strongest barrier possible.

D-Don't worry. We can just rebuild it.

[NPC] MarvinOkay.

A-And we'll make it into a proper magical library! With actual magic tomes! It'll be a hundred times more powerful than that crappy anti-magic one!

And we'll put a ban on anti-magic books so no one can infect this library with their dumb and their wrong ever again!
[NPC] MarvinAmy go help Jim.

Yeah okay...

I'll be back as soon as I can!

Amy leaves the library to help Jim in the subway.

Jim I'm here! What do you need?!

[NPC] JimI've got a plan on how to capture the ghost. Can you get Samantha to cooperate with you? She doesn't like me.

[NPC] SamanthaYOU HURT DIANA!

Sam goes after Amy. Amy side steps the cricket bat Samantha is swinging at her.

Hey, I'm sorry I hurt your friend. It was in self defense. Can we not fight?

Samantha isn't listening to Amy.

Jim, where's Diana?

[NPC] Jim......

Where is Diana?

She was knocked out by an ice spell from Marvin.

[NPC] JimMarvin did that?

Wait, is that her over there?

Amy notices Diana's frozen body and surrounding broken body parts.

Aw geez, that looks really bad. Diana I know you're unconscious right now but just in case you're not I'm really really really really really really really really REALLY sorry!

[NPC] SamanthaSTAY AWAY FROM HER!

Samantha keeps trying to attack Amy.

H-Hold on! Lemme try and and melt some of that ice off!

Post » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:12 am

Use a very light fire spell to melt all the ice off Diana.

[NPC] Amy rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 12

[NPC] Amy

Amy casts a harmless flame spell that defrosts Diana's frozen body. Diana is still unconscious.

There, see? We don't want to hurt anybody.

[NPC] LewisYOU'RE TRYING TO TAKE OUR HIDEOUT YOU ASSHOLES!

Lewis is still being held down by Goldie in her werewolf form.

We don't want your hideout! You can keep it for all we care!

[NPC] Yellow SpiritActually if they're occupying this entire underground area that could be a problem for the event tomorrow.

Event?

[NPC] Yellow SpiritYeah. Ai is setting up a time travelers convention tomorrow. We're going to need the extra room for all the time travelers that get pulled to this park. That's going to be a problem if these guys are claiming this entire area to themselves.

[NPC] SamanthaWe were here first!

[NPC] LewisNo, Diana and I were here first! We've been here for the last two days! YOU showed up out of nowhere at least two hours ago!

[NPC] Yellow SpiritWait, Samanthat just "showed up"... but you two have been here for the last two days...?

That would mean Samantha is the only time traveler here!

[NPC] SamanthaWhat are you talking about?!

[NPC] Yellow SpiritTime Travel! People are being pulled from across time periods to this park, Samantha! Quick, what's today's date?

[NPC] SamanthaHalloween, obviously!

[NPC] LewisHalloween isn't for another two months, idiot!

[NPC] SamanthaHUH?! B-But why were you wearing those masks?!

[NPC] LewisBECAUSE WE'RE THE ZOMBIE GANG! WE WEAR MASKS SO WE CAN ROB BANKS AND LOOK INTIMIDATING AND HIDE OUR IDENTITIES AND SHIT!

[NPC] SamanthaSo it's not Halloween?!

[NPC] LewisIT'S AUGUST YOU DINGUS!

[NPC] SamanthaHuh?... August?... but that's-

GhostGOOOO AWAAAAAYYYYY! YOU GOOO AWAAAAYYYY!

[NPC] SamanthaWh-what was that?!

Post » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:35 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58&sid=f8af038d8965bc8c565f8e4ab8dec211
[NPC] Jim
It's the ghost. She must be right down the hall. We're running out of time.

Sam, we need your help to capture the ghost. We can't do it without you. If you do, I promise to leave you, Lewis, and Diana alone.

[NPC] LewisSam if you work with him Diana is going to be really mad at you!

ALRIGHT FINE. DON'T WORK WITH ME. YOU WANT TO WORK WITH RISKY THEN? HE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING TO YOU. HOW DOES THAT SOUND? OR WE COULD ALL JUST GET KILLED BY THE GHOST INSTEAD?! DOESN'T THAT JUST SOUND SO LOVELY?!

GhostLEEEAAAAVVEEEEE THIIIIIIIS PLAAAAAACE

DON'T MIND IF I DO!

Jim leaves for the stairs.

[NPC] Dianadon't... don't leave...

[NPC] SamanthaDiana? Lewis, Diana's waking up!

No, she's still out. Diana always had a habit of talking in her sleep.

[NPC] Dianadon't leave me... Jim... don't leave me... I don't wanna die... I'm scared...

I'm sorry. Diana I'm- I'm so sorry.

The cries from the ghost downstairs grow louder and louder. Risky draws his sword. Amy readies her want. Samantha,
scared out of her mind, instinctively guards Diana while Goldie does everything she can to make sure Lewis can't reach his gun and abrasively fire off any stray bullets and accidentally injure someone.

Jim takes a step away from the stairs. Then another. Then, marches for the basement.

Amy, guard the door. If I don't make it out of there I want you to freeze the floor downstairs. I need a thin layer of clear ice for the plan to work. Risky, try and convince Sam to work with you... at the very least.

[NPC] Amy...What are you going to do?

If none of us are going to cooperate then I'll handle the ghost all on my own.

Post » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary