10th Aniversary Necromancy!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.

What would happen if I try and call my PDA using Alex's PDA? Lel maybe the monster downstairs will answer back?

[NPC] Diana rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 5

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=302&sid=d688b29d289b58fcfed4c5918fa9d512
[NPC] Diana

Diana calls her lost PDA just to see what would happen. Nobody answers. Diana tries to call her PDA again. Again, no one answers.

Sam pops her head out of a wide-screen TV that's being used as a computer monitor.

[NPC] SamanthaLewis wanted me to come get you.

Ugh... Alright, aright.

Diana crawls through the TV and back into the Mirror World. Lewis has tied Alex to a chair with the spare Escape Rope he had... for some reason.

[NPC] LewisSo... Jim and his party are off to find the monster downstairs. Now what? We wait for them to get eaten or something?

We go down there, and make sure the monster does its job. Jim doesn't like fighting, but if it's a matter of life and death his friends might weaken it before they go down. When that happens, we both come out and land the finishing blow.

[NPC] SamanthaDo um... do we have to?

What do you mean?

[NPC] SamanthaWell I was just thinking... Why not stay in here?

[NPC] SamanthaI mean, the TV won't work, but at least Jim and that monster can't get to us while we're in here. Nothing can.

[NPC] SamanthaWe can just stay in here.

[NPC] SamanthaForever...

[NPC] LewisThe hell are we suppose to stay in here forever?! We need to bathe and get food and buy new PDAs that some people broke!

I have to agree with Lewis. As much as I'd like to never have to deal with Jim ever again, this is hardly a good solution. We have to leave the mirror world sooner or later.

[NPC] SamanthaBut-!

We can still use this place if we need to make an emergency escape. The only question is... how is Sam going to help us if she's watching Alex?

[NPC] Samantha...What?

Well Lewis and I can't watch him. We've got to make sure the monster is taken care of. You're the only one who can keep an eye on him so he doesn't escape.

...but that means we won't be able to contact you if we need emergency access to the mirror world. If I still had my PDA I could at least dial Alex's phone and use that as a signal for help.
Hmm......

I got an idea. Lewis, I need you to back me up. Sam, you stay here and watch Alex.

[NPC] SamanthaBUT-

Don't listen to anything he says. He will try and trick you.

Post » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64&sid=d688b29d289b58fcfed4c5918fa9d512
[NPC] Amy

Back in the library, Amy has just gotten off the phone with Risky. She and Marvin have just finished everything-proofing the library, converting it into a shelter for when things get bad.

That was Risky. He and Jim must've bumped into some spooks downstairs. I could hear it in his voice.

[NPC] MarvinThat's the guy who's life you saved and now wants to be your slave, right?

Don't remind me. I think he has a thing for me.

[NPC] MarvinJust tell him you don't like him that way.

Easier said than done.

[NPC] MarvinHave you tried blowing him up with explosion magic? That'll get your point across.

That sounds pretty extreme! Also I'm teribibble with explosion magic!

[NPC] MarvinIf I can survive getting blown up on a regular basis, he can deal with getting blown up at least once, especially if he's already dead. You gotta rip that bandage off eventually.

Wait... what if this is mind control? Like what the Vampire Queen did. What if turning him into a Vampire has something to do with his behavior?

I... never thought of it that way. Omg what if it IS mind control!? What if he's acting like that because of me?!

As they're talking, Diana and Lewis bust through the door.

[NPC] LewisHANDS IN THE AIR!

[NPC] DianaTHIS IS A ROBBERY!

[NPC] LewisDON'T GO TRYING ANYTHING FUNNY.

WH- DIANA?! LEWIS?! WHY ARE YOU HERE?!

[NPC] DianaWE WANT YOUR PDA AND ANYTHING ELSE OF-

[NPC] DianaWHAT DID YOU SAY?!

[NPC] LewisWHO TOLD YOU ABOUT US?!

[NPC] DianaWAS IT JIM?! DID JIM TELL YOU?!

WE'VE MET BEFORE!

[NPC] DianaDON'T LIE TO ME! I WOULD HAVE REMEMBERED YOU!

No I mean- I've- we're going to- It's complicated!!!

[NPC] LewisGIVE US YOUR PHONE AND NOBODY WILL GET HURT!

Why do you want my phone?!

[NPC] DianaJUST GIVE US YOUR PHONE! YOU HAVE UNTIL THE COUNT OF THREE!

ONE!

OKAYOKAYOKAYOKAYOKAYOKAYOKAYOKAYOKAY!!!!! YOU WIN!!! Just let me grab it out of my bag here.

[NPC] DianaTHROW THE BAG OVER HERE! WE'LL GET IT!

[NPC] LewisDON'T TRY ANYTHING! THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 pm

As I'm throwing my tote bag, I wanna cast a bolt of ice at them.

[NPC] Amy rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 3

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64&sid=d688b29d289b58fcfed4c5918fa9d512
[NPC] Amy

Amy tries to cast a Bolt of Ice spell at the Zombie Gang while she's throwing her bag at them, but she freezes her bag in a block of ice instead. The bag still flies at the Zombie Gang, but they just barely duck out of the way in time and return fire.

Diana fires a round at Amy and Marvin each. They instinctively duck for cover behind some chairs.

As soon as they pass the ring of salt, the bullets fizzle and turn to dust in mid air. The copy of "Atlas Shrugged" Jim laid on the floor earlier spontaneously combusts.

NOW MARVIN! DO IT NOW!

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:27 pm

UHHHHH... UHHHHH... CAST BOLT OF ICE!!!

[NPC] Marvin rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 10

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=99&sid=d688b29d289b58fcfed4c5918fa9d512
[NPC] Marvin

Marvin has just rolled a 10, the highest roll he can possibly make with his bad luck. However, because Amy and Marvin are magicians, and they're in a library, they get a magic boost that doubles whatever number they rolled, capping at 20. Another book is sacrificed to keep the barrier up, and fizzles into ash. Marvin doesn't cast Bolt of Ice like he meant to, but instead casts LV4 Giga Ice.

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:46 pm

Roll for Lewis and I to dodge the attack! First roll is for me, second is for Lewis.

[NPC] Diana rolled 2 20-sided dice. Results: 1, 11

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=302&sid=d688b29d289b58fcfed4c5918fa9d512
[NPC] Diana

Lewis backs out of the way of the attack. However, as Diana is backing up to dodge, she trips on the tote bag Amy threw earlier and falls to the ground. Diana is hit with the full force of the spell.

Diana is frozen solid. In this state, her body is extremely fragile and will break apart if handled too roughly. One of her fingers has already broken off.

Diana is unconscious.

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:59 pm

I'm taking out my last hand grenade and chucking it in the room, grabbing Diana, and getting the hell out of here!

[NPC] Lewis rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 17

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=301&sid=d688b29d289b58fcfed4c5918fa9d512
[NPC] Lewis
OH NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!

CHOKE ON THIS!

Lewis throws his last hand grenade into the Library and shuts the door. He lifts Diana's unconscious body and carries them both a safe distance from the room. The explosion knocks the door off its hinges as the entire building shakes from the explosion.

[NPC] AiAAAH! IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!

[NPC] NaruWho the heck keeps doing that!? We're trying to sleep!

[NPC] AiThat's it~! I'm mailing future me!

When Lewis looks inside, the walls, books, and bits of the floor have been completely destroyed. The rest of the room that's inside the ring of salt is completely untouched. A flickering wall of blue light separates the inside of the ring from the rest of the room.

WH-

HOW DID YOU-

[NPC] AmyFOOLZ! THE POWER OF MAGIC IS GREATER THAN ALL YOUR FANCY TOYS!!!

[NPC] MarvinWe're Magicians! And this is a library! You're on our turf now!

**** YOUR MAGIC! THERE AIN'T NOTHING IN THIS WORLD THAT CAN OUTSMART A B-

[NPC] AmyHIT HIM WITH ANOTHER SPELL, MARVIN!

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:09 pm

Do as she says! Summon another ice dragon to attack Lewis!

[NPC] Marvin rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 1

[NPC] Marvin

Marvin casts a fireball. It blows up in his face.

EEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

[NPC] Lewis......

[NPC] Amy......

[NPC] AmyThat wasn't suppose to happen.

Lewis tries walking into the library to take Amy's PDA by force. He bumps straight into the magic barrier created by Amy and Marvin. His face is that of utter confusion.

[NPC] AmyLewis, there's a barrier around the inside of the library. That's why the grenade didn't hurt us.

[NPC] LewisI KNEW THAT! JUST GIMME YOUR PDA WE NEED IT!

[NPC] AmyWhat do you even need it for?!

[NPC] LewisDiana lost hers and some kid broke mine. We need it to kill a ghost in the basement-

WAIT, WHY AM I TELLING YOU!? NONE OF YO BUSINESS!!!

[NPC] AmyWait I'm confused. Are you guys the ghosts or is there another ghost down here? Who was haunting this place?

[NPC] LewisWe were, but there's also a ghost down here that tried to kill us!

[NPC] AmyWAITWAITWAIT! Let us come with you! Jim's downstairs right now looking for whatever is haunting this place. We can meet with him and take care of the ghost together. We don't have to be enemies!

*cough* *cough*

I would like that...

[NPC] LewisHehehehehe

[NPC] LewisAhahahahahahahaha!!!

[NPC] LewisYou sure you know who we are? Because if you did...

[NPC] LewisYou'd know we'd rather die than work with Jim ever again.

Post » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:33 pm

[NPC] Marvin
*cough*

What did Jim ever do to those guys?

[NPC] AmyIt's a long story.

[NPC] LewisHE LEFT US TO DIE! HE COULD HAVE BROUGHT US BACK AND HE CHOSE NOT TO! IF WE DIDN'T GET TURNED INTO ZOMBIES WE'D BE IN THE DIRT RIGHT NOW!

[NPC] AmyIt's more complicated than that! Jim doesn't want anyone to die, but the first time he brought someone back to life they went crazy so he doesn't do it anymore!

[NPC] LewisWell tough shit, we got revived anyway.

Then why are you still mad?

[NPC] LewisBecause If he really didn't want anyone to die he'd stay the hell away from all of us! He knows he's a danger magnet, but he keeps dragging other people into his shit! Do you have any idea how many are dead because of him?! He even had the nerve to bring Diana with him on life-threatening adventures as his "assistant" and then bailed on her when she died!

And who was it that brought her back from the dead?! Guess who it was?! Not Jim, even though he easily could have!

That's right! I did! I beat the zombie virus! I regained my humanity! And I brought Diana back! And I did it with no help from him!

How- How does he even know bringing someone back makes them crazy if he only ever did it once?! How does he know whoever he brought back wasn't always crazy?!

Ever think of that?!

He makes a really good point Amy.

Post » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:35 pm

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=69&sid=d688b29d289b58fcfed4c5918fa9d512
[NPC] Blue Spirit
So... Diana said you were looking for a way home earlier, correct?

[NPC] SamanthaShe also said not to talk to you.

Not even a little? I thought I was a member of the Zombie Gang.

[NPC] SamanthaWe can't trust you. That's why we had to tie you up.

And I thought it was because Lewis didn't know what to do with this rope. Hahahahaha...

Really? No response? Not even if I knew how to get you back home?

[NPC] SamanthaNO! I trust Diana over you! Diana said she'd help me get back home! She's nice to me!

I've been nice to you.

[NPC] SamanthaYou tricked us! You're dangerous and I'll make Diana sad if you escape!

In that case, I need you to listen very carefully.

Whatever you do, do not let me out of these ropes.

[NPC] Samantha...Huh?

[NPC] SamanthaN-No! You're trying to trick me!

And what would I possibly gain by being tied up like this?

[NPC] SamanthaNothing! You're trying to make me think you would gain something so I'll untie you!

Then don't untie me. Don't even touch these ropes as if your life depended on it.

[NPC] SamanthaNooooooo stop it!!!

Samantha, I'm not your enemy. I want to help the Zombie Gang in any way I can if it means capturing the ghost down here and bringing it to justice. We both have to do our best to not let Diana down.

[NPC] SamanthaSHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP! DIANA WAS RIGHT! YOU ARE TRYING TO TRICK ME!

I'm not trying to trick you.

[NPC] SamanthaYeah right! You're just a big liar who'll lie to anybody to get what you want!

I wish I could trick you. I could get things done a lot quicker if I could.... But I don't trick children.

Believe me, I could have pulled the wool over your eyes ten times over if I wanted to by now, but I find the thought of deceiving a child to be truly abhorrent. If I did, I would be no better than the scoundrels that manipulated my mentor. Have I ever mentioned my mentor before? This is her mask, if you didn't know. The Amaterasu. Trickster Fox of the Battle Verge and an absolutely lovely gal.

Sam. I am not asking for you to trust me. In fact, take everything I say with a grain of salt, because any of it could be a flat out lie. But right now all I want to do is talk.

[NPC] SamanthaAnd why do you want to do that?!

I'm bored and I don't want to sit here with my PDA inches from me and no way for me to kill time with it. Also, I think you are absolutely adorable and I want us to be friends. We can be friends, even if you don't trust me... right?

[NPC] Samantha...

Also also, I might have been trying to distract you so you wouldn't notice when my rescue arrived.

Sam whatever you do don't turn around.

[NPC] SamanthaHUH?!

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:10 am

JUMP THROUGH THE TV AND CLOSE THE PORTAL SO ALEX CAN'T GET OUT!

[NPC] Samantha rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 17

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=63&sid=d688b29d289b58fcfed4c5918fa9d512
[NPC] Samantha

Samantha jumps through the wide-screen TV in the Computer Lab.

The bony arm of the skeleton behind her reaches through the portal to grab her, but Sam closes the portal just in time. The skeleton's arm is sliced off as the portal closes around it and fades into an ominous dark cloud.

[NPC] Blue SpiritSam wait!

YOU'RE STAYING IN THERE UNTIL I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH YOU!

[NPC] Blue SpiritYou've got it all wrong Sam. She's our friend.

NO! I'M-

I'M TELLING DIANA WHAT YOU TRIED TO DO!
DIAAAAAAAAAAANAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha leaves. Alex and Robin are trapped in the Mirror World.

[NPC] Blue SpiritOh no...

[NPC] RobinSorry Alex. I blew it.

[NPC] Blue SpiritWhy are you a skeleton?

[NPC] RobinI thought I could spook her into not fighting back. I also didn't know that little girl was the one that made the mirror world portals.

How are we going to get out?

[NPC] Blue SpiritWe just have to hope Samantha lets us out... eventually...

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary