Re: 10th Aniversary Witching Hour!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=190&sid=69946db6f8160d5968851e47b002a87a
[NPC] Ai
Yo ho~ Everyone still here? I've got big news!

...Where's Fadbury and his crew?

[NPC] MichiIunno. They went exploring in the basement last night.

[NPC] GoldieUh huh! Uh huh! We were up aaaaaaaalllllll night explorin' the basement! Grampa and errybody went to bedz hours ago, but Goldie gotz LOTSA energy left!

Well I guess they don't need to be with us... but it would save me the trouble of explaining everything a second time.

[NPC] MichiJust let Fadbury figure it out by himself. He likes it better that way.

[NPC] NaruAi!

Naru! I heard you needed a ride back to your own timeline. I can take you back after the opening ceremonies are over.

[NPC] NaruOpening ceremonies?

Oh right, none of you know yet. I'm going to be opening the event an hour from now.

[NPC] NaruEvent? What event?

Wayback-con, of course! The first ever Time Travelers Convention!

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=62&sid=69946db6f8160d5968851e47b002a87a
[NPC] Grim
At the moment we can't keep the park from abducting people from the future, so Ai and myself thought of a very clever plan.

[NPC] AiWe'll make an event out of it!

Precisely. A seven day event where time travelers can gather together at one point in time to celebrate, hang out, play games, relax, and take a break from their busy lives. I'll explain more at the opening cerem-

[NPC] PerseusSo uh... By event... you mean just us? Are there going to be more guests?

[NPC] MichiShhhh, don't interrupt him.

[NPC] PerseusInterrupt who?

Ah right. Ai, maybe you should take over explaining things for Mr. Anetic's sake?

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 am

[NPC] Ai
For anyone unaware, I'm a Waybacker, a Time Traveler working for a group that, for timeline purposes, is classified. This park has become a hot spot for a temporal anomaly my group is trying to correct. It's been pulling people randomly back in time for the past couple of days, but we were able to limit the targets to anyone between the 10th of August 2005 and the 9th of August 2015. Because of this, I've decided to host an event for whoever gets stuck here so you're not bored out of your minds.

If you want to know more, meet me at Paisley Terrace. That's where the opening ceremony for the event will begin. Oh, and once the opening ceremonies are done, you can expect the number of guests at the part to increase twenty-fold!

[NPC] NaruT-TWENTY?!

Okay, possibly more than that...

[NPC] NaruHow many guests are there going to be at this park?!

Uhhhh... I dunno... I guess... maybe three hundred?

[NPC] NaruTHREE HUNDRED?!

Dun worry! Dun worry! The number's inflated thanks to all the past/future versions of other guests. If we're only counting different people, and the average number of visits per person is around five, then we're talking around 60 or so different people. That includes all of you here plus all our event staff. I'll go over the staff members during the ceremony as well.

Anyway, I've got to help set up the ceremony. If you need help finding it, there are maps of the park graciously provided for you over by that table. There's also a digital map you can install on your PDAs from the park's website. Instructions are included next to the maps.

Later~!

Ai taps a few buttons on her Wayback Machine and vanishes.

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:15 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=289&sid=69946db6f8160d5968851e47b002a87a
[NPC] Priscilla
W-Wait a minute. We're suppose to meet here, right?

[NPC] DrosselThat's what's circled on the map.

It'll take us an hour to get there if we're just walking! If we want to make it we have to leave right now!

[NPC] North KoreaThat Waybacker said the ceremony would be starting in an hour, right? If the ceremony starts at 9, then... yeah we need to leave.

[NPC] NaruYou know I could just... spirit everyone over there in like, two seconds right?

...Oh... I guess you're right.

[NPC] MichiA very compelling argument! You know what that means?

...No, what?

[NPC] MichiIt means we have time to build a snowman!

Ah! That's right! There's still snow outside!

[NPC] MichiYou go and get a head start. I'll be there once I've defeated this breakfast of mine.

Okay!

Priscilla sprints for the door leading outside.

S-Sensei!!!!!!

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:35 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=174&sid=69946db6f8160d5968851e47b002a87a
[NPC] Perseus
Oh... right... I uh... *ahem* ...almost forgot. When Andromeda and I came to this park... we came with half our warehouse of x50i units.

But take my word for it, They're as friendly as a Furby. In fact, they were so concerned with exceeding the mansion's maximum capacity and causing potential breaches in public safety that they offered to wait outside. Don't worry, they're weather proof.

[NPC] x50iGreeting, I am x50i model number 00142. I am Anetic Labs new-generation android model, able to think freely and make personal judgements. My brothers and I are also very cultured, with our own tastes in the arts and music. Recently we were enjoying a motion picture over our hivemind network. I personally enjoy the works of James Cameron. Who might your favorite director and/or actor be?

[NPC] Priscilla......

...C-Clint Eastwood?

[NPC] x50iExcellent taste. Model number 00134 is also a Clint Eastwood fan.

Now now everybody, don't crowd, she's skiddish.

[NPC] x50iI hope it has nothing to do with our cautionary reputation in fiction.

No no not at all! Most of the world just isn't ready for free-thinking robots yet. But so what if they're not? Who needs people like that anyway? You guys are awesome! Be proud of that!

[NPC] x50iI cannot comprehend what is particularly "awesome" about my kind, but I will contemplate your words, Mr. Anetic.

Please, enough with the formalities. Call me Percy! It sounds like we're family when you do.

[NPC] x50iUnderstood, Mr. Perseus.

Eh, close enough.

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=69946db6f8160d5968851e47b002a87a
[NPC] Naru
Well, I think I know where a big chunk of the park guests are going to come from... Is there even room in the mansion to keep all of you in here?

[NPC] AndromedaPerhaps there is additional storage space on the lower floors of this complex?

[NPC] x50iMy brothers and I do not take up a lot of space. A dozen of us can easily fit in one room. We don't require beds to rest, and we are made of a lightweight alloy to comply with safety regulations. Additionally, in the event of a fire, we each have emergency evacuation programs installed on our hard drives to assist each individual guest.

But, won't a dozen of you sharing a room feel cramped?

[NPC] x50iNot at all. Our hivemind matrix allows us to freely communicate and coordinate with each other during emergency situations. As a result, the probability of conflicting protocol between units drops 80%.
It goes without saying that sharing a room at maximum capacity is not beyond our ability.

I-I see...

[NPC] AndromedaAdditionally, an x50i unit may be assigned to individual bedrooms as a personal security measure. If you wish to retreat to your personal bedroom for rest, recreational activities, or possibly intercourse with a guest, please note we will refrain from interruption outside of emergency situations. However, we may continue to observe you, but only for personal research purposes. As stated in our user manual's privacy policy, while we do have internal cameras equipped, you will not be filmed.

omg somebody please take me back to 2009.

[NPC] MilanI am NOT letting THOSE THINGS get ANYWHERE near my room!

[NPC] DrosselI'm afraid I have to agree. I know you all mean well, but we're not comfortable with the idea just yet.

[NPC] North KoreaYeah if it's all the same to you, I appreciate it, but I need some time to get use to the idea of a red visor staring at me all night.

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 am

[NPC] Ai
Ai reappears. She's brought Naru and Zarath with her.

And here we are! Eight O'Clock in the morning, give or take a few minutes. Mission accomplished!

[NPC] MichiOh hey Wayback Girl, you forget something?

Forget? No I don't think so. I'm dropping Naru and Zarath off now that we've captured the escaped guest.

[NPC] MichiOh yeah, that Reaper girl said something about a park break last night. You take care of that?

Sure did! She won't be bothering anybody for a while now!

[NPC] ZarathWe found a vault in the basement to lock her in. Anybody know where Grim is? We need to see him about getting Risky's Wayback Machine back.

[NPC] MichiI'm gonna make a wild guess here and say you're not the same Wayback Girl who was here a few minutes ago.

Oh, if I was here a few minutes ago you're probably right. What was she talking about?

[NPC] NaruThe opening ceremony for a Time Traveler's convention. It starts at 9.

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:50 am

[NPC] Naru
Oh... hey...

[NPC] NaruHey...

Sorry you got dragged into all this.

[NPC] NaruIt's cool. Ai's taking me back to my time period once the opening ceremony is over. I need to get my hands looked at. I actually broke them earlier. North fixed them for me.

[NPC] North KoreaAnytime.

S-Sorry about that.

[NPC] NaruIt's cool. Wasn't your fault.

Hey, if everyone will grab something warm the three of us can spirit everyone to wherever this opening ceremony is bei-

[NPC] MichiOkay, we're ready when you are.

[NPC] NaruT-THAT WAS FAST!

[NPC] DrosselGood thing we brought plenty of clothes with us.

[NPC] North KoreaI was already dressed for the weather. I don't need any more layers.

R-Right. Everyone hold hands or grab onto each other if you don't want to get left behind.

[NPC] TequilaLike, I don't have any winter wear, so can I just, like, stay and guard the house?

[NPC] AndromedaBattery is currently at 15%

[NPC] x50iWe would also like to stay behind to avoid inconveniencing anyone.

[NPC] AiI mean... If you want I guess.
Naru, Zarath, whenever you two are ready.

[NPC] NaruOnly when you are.

Then let's go!

Post » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:16 am

Spirit everyone to opening ceremony grounds.

[NPC] Naru rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 13

[NPC] Naru

Naru spirits everyone, save for Tequila, to the opening ceremony grounds.

Here we are. The ceremony will start in an hour though. Hope you're okay with waiting til then.

[NPC] MichiCilla and I can wait. We were gonna dick around in the snow anyway.

Priscilla is already drawing alchemy circles in the snow.

[NPC] MichiDon't let us hold you back tho. We'll be fine waiting til the ceremony starts.

[NPC] DrosselI'm actually fine with waiting as well.

[NPC] North KoreaCould be worse. It's not like we're standing outside freezing or anything.

[NPC] PriscillaIf anybody's still cold we can make a bonfire. Not like the police can stop us if we do.

[NPC] MichiJust make sure you don't burn the whole park down.

Zarath and Milan take up Priscilla's offer and put together a small bonfire in one of the many fire pits scattered around the park. Goldie runs off to gather scraps of wood and paper to burn while Michi and Priscilla transmute a few snow golems for shits and giggles.

The ceremony grounds are still being set up. A stage is being put together by what Naru can only assume to be more of Grim's assistants. There's a few people she doesn't recognize, and at least two other Ai's helping. Travis is also helping out.

[NPC] Bugsy IIHey it's the Naru's! The ceremony's not ready yet. Give us maybe thirty minutes and we can get everything set up hella quick.

We know. We came early so we wouldn't be late. Is my uncle around anywhere?

[NPC] Bugsy IISenior B? I heard he left last night to talk with the Justice Core. He thought we might need their help, but to be honest even if we don't might as well offer them an invitation, right?

I guess... but how are they suppose to get inside the park? Hey Ai, do you and Grim have a plan for...

......Ai?

[NPC] ZarathUh... She left. Here.

Zarath hands Naru a note.

[NPC] AiWent ahead in time to get the opening ceremony done and over with. Prolly should have asked if everyone wanted to come with, but I'll leave that up to a future version of me. If not dun worry, your patience shall be rewarded as I reveal all~!

BFF!!!!!!!!!

*AUDIBLE GROAN*

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:37 am

Jump to when the opening ceremony is about to begin.

[NPC] Ai rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 5

[NPC] Ai
Ai uses her Wayback Machine to move everyone forward in time. Grim is waiting for her behind the stage for the ceremony to begin.

[NPC] GrimHello Ai! Ready for the opening ceremonies? The crowd's been waiting!

You bet I am! Is everyone here?

[NPC] GrimEveryone present and accounted for.

You nervous?

As if! I've come too far to let all my hard work go to waste. There's no way I'll get cold feet now!

[NPC] GrimBreak a leg!

Maybe I will? :ego:

Hiyo, everyone! I'm Hanasaku Ai, and today I'd like to announce big plans for the following week! In light of recent events, Grim and I have decided to open up the universes very first time travelers conve-

[NPC] MilanWHERE THE HELL WERE YOU!?

......I-I'm sorry?

[NPC] MilanThe opening ceremony was suppose to start thirty minutes ago! Now the bonfire's gone out and we're all cold and sad!

[NPC] North KoreaYou're cold and sad because you dressed for your own self-expression instead of dressing for the weather.

[NPC] MilanNO YOU'RE COLD AND SAD BECAUSE YOU-

YOU-

YOU NEED TO SHUT UP!

Oh... oh no I'm sorry... was I really that late?

[NPC] NaruA little bit, but it's okay. Accidents happen.

Sorry, everyone. If I could go back half an hour I would, but since I already know I don't show up I can't...

[NPC] NaruThat doesn't matter right now. Make the most of it and get on with the show. You'll only water down your presentation if you focus on your screw-ups.

[NPC] MichiCilla and I literally don't care, and neither do our snow golems.

[NPC] PriscillaSensei look! I recreated Rebecca's Magic Castle!

[NPC] MichiYou're gonna get put in the hospital from my flurry of aggressive stamps of approval, Cilla.

Not really, I know you hate hospitals it's a figure of speech.

So uh... should I just get on with it?

[NPC] MichiDon't keep us waiting Waybacker! Get on with it!

[NPC] MilanYes! Get on with it!

EveryoneGET ON WITH IT!

Oh, um, yeah, okay, then without further ado...

[NPC] Overlord GaramondGET ON WITH IT!!!

Ai presses a big red button mounted on the podium in front of her. Immediately the terrace is filled with strong gusts of wind, carrying hundreds of park guests from across time. Several of them are people Naru and Michi's crew had never met before, and some of them were... themselves from the future! The staff and other Ai's are beckoning people to be seated on the fold-out chairs that were set up ahead of time, but most of the guests decide to wander off in different directions. Ai and the rest of the event staff don't seem to mind.

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary