Re: 10th Aniversary Witching Hour!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=8a0c470ad8a140101ee5dd0ce6a66cda
[NPC] Naru
Alright, since future me is taking care of Ai, we need to take care of Black Naru.

[NPC] AiHey... uh... We should probably take her somewhere away from the mansion. You know, for security reasons...

[NPC] ZarathGood point. She could attack us again in her sleep. But with that ability of hers, is there even a cage that can hold her?

[NPC] AiIf she causes too much trouble I can send her back to her own time period. My Wayback Machine can carbon date people and objects. That should give us an estimate of when she's from.

We can worry about a plan to chain her up later. The entire park is a good enough prison for the moment. Now where did she go?

Black Naru is nowhere to be found.

Oh no, did she get away again?!

[NPC] ZarathCheck inside the truck! She might have hid inside there!

Naru checks the truck. Before she can open the rear doors, they're kicked open, knocking Naru to the ground.

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:10 am

Let's have some fun with my new toy!

[NPC] Black Naru rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 2

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=180&sid=8a0c470ad8a140101ee5dd0ce6a66cda
[NPC] Black Naru
Hey hey hey! What do you think you're doing trying to end this fight early?! It's barely just begun! I still need to try out my new toy!

[NPC] NaruNew toy? What are you...

Why... THIS of course!

Wayback Machine

Risky's time machine. Uses Zeitgeist Archieval Technology to travel through time periods. The actual time machine is encased in the shell of a portable video game system. There's enough memory space to hold a few emulator programs as well. It's an older model than the one Ai uses, but should work just as well.

[NPC] AiN-NOOOOOOO!!!! SOMEBODY STOP HER! SHE CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO TIME TRAVEL!

TOO LATE FOR THAT! I ALREADY HAVE!!!

[NPC] Black NaruHey how's it going?

Now I really DO have my own clone!

[NPC] ZarathSh-she's already time traveled?!

Of course! These things aren't hard to use apparently! How long did it take you to figure out?

[NPC] Black NaruBeats me. My memory's kinda foggy.

Oh well! What does it matter? There's two of me now. That means double the trouble for you!

[NPC] Black NaruI'll take Ganguro boy. Do you want Naru or the other time traveler?

Ooooh, decisions! Well, since we both can use Blacker Naru... how about all of them at the same time?!

[NPC] Black NaruGREAT IDEA!!!

Both Black Naru's activate Blacker Naru together. Everyone is frozen in place.

[NPC] Black NaruYou above kicking the shit out of some sitting ducks? Because I'm not! Oh wait! Wanna do what we were thinking of and mess up the timeline a little? I bet we could take care of Shiranui within a month whereas Naru took a whole year to beat the guy.

WAIT!

I have an even better idea!

WE'RE GONNA COMBINE!

[NPC] NaruC-Combine?

[NPC] ZarathCombine?!

[NPC] Black NaruThat's literally the best freaking idea I've ever had! Let's do it!

FU-
SION-
HA!

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:19 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=180&sid=8a0c470ad8a140101ee5dd0ce6a66cda
[NPC] Black Naru
Both Black Naru's have used their body manipulation to literally fuse with each other, creating some kind of Ultra Black Naru. In addition to doubling in mass, Black Naru has her overall strength cubed due to the square-cube law.

Shut up don't correct me.

[NPC] NaruWH-WHAT THE HECK?!

[NPC] ZarathWhere did those sub-machine guns come from?!

[NPC] NaruALL I WANT IS FOR THIS FIGHT TO BE OVER! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:40 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=190&sid=8a0c470ad8a140101ee5dd0ce6a66cda
[NPC] Ai
Ahahahahahaha! They did! I can't believe it! Ahahahaha!

Job well done you two! Let's head home!

[NPC] NaruWe can't retreat now, Ai! We've still got to defeat Black Naru!

Look again. We've already won.

For some reason, Ultra Black Naru hasn't moved an inch after fusing. She falls to the ground, completely paralyzed.

The Waybacker she stole was one of the older models. That means it still has the glitch that quantum locks you when you cross your own timeline. The moment those two touched each other they froze in place. In other words, victory is ours!

[NPC] NaruR-Really? It's over?

Look, a loot chest has already spawned. That confirms it!

Loot Chest

A treasure chest that magically appears after a battle, rewarding the winning party with an item, gold or both.

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:45 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=94&sid=8a0c470ad8a140101ee5dd0ce6a66cda
[NPC] Zarath
Zarath lifts up the paralyzed Ultra Black Naru. She's completely frozen in place.

Wow, you weren't kidding about the quantum lock thing. Is there any way to un-freeze them?

[NPC] AiYeah that's easy. Whenever I got quantum locked all Risky had to do was pull the two of me apart. So all we have to do is separate the two of them and they'll be affected by time again.

Um... Ai? They're fused together on a molecular level. I don't think we can separate them.

[NPC] AiOh...

...shit.

Well, it's not like we need to separate them. In fact, this is a better prison than the park! Almost too good lol

Zarath notices a lone Blackest Naru looking forlorn at the paralyzed Black Naru. The scene is similar to that of a lone cub who's mother had just died in front of it.

H-hey, no you can't touch her. You'll get frozen too.

[NPC] NaruWho are you talking to?

Blackest Naru. She was still separated from Black Naru. She didn't get frozen, but now she's all alone.

Zarath unzips a leg from his convertible pants and beckons Blackest Naru onto the sleeve. As she hovers over the surface of the fabric, Zarath pulls her off the ground, holding her close to his chest. Blackest Naru is reaching out to the frozen Black Naru, crying and begging to help her.

I know. I know. It's okay. We'll find a way to help her.

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:32 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=8a0c470ad8a140101ee5dd0ce6a66cda
[NPC] Naru
Whatever. She had it coming anyway. At least now she won't cause any more trouble.

No, you know what? Let's leave them like this! Indefinitely! She almost killed Ai earlier! If we let someone like her to do whatever she wants... someone else could seriously get hurt!

[NPC] Yellow Spiritbut what about my wayback machine?!?!?!?

You can get a new one, can't you?

[NPC] Yellow Spiritthat one had all my games on it

[NPC] AiNo, Risky's right. More importantly, Black Naru fused with a future version of herself. If we remove her future by leaving them like this, it'll cause a paradox. At some point, these two will need to be unfrozen, and present Black Naru will have to come back here to fuse with her past self.

Really? Do we have to?

[NPC] AiAfraid so. But first, you and me need to go back to where we came from. We've still got a fight to finish. We should go back to when we left, and continue where our future selves began. You get me?

Yeah I get what you mean, but...

...What are you doing? Are you waving at someone?

[NPC] AiDon't mind me! Just stretching some muscles! Ready to go?

Yeah, sure. Zarath, can you take care of Black Naru? There might be a vacant room we can put her in.

[NPC] ZarathAlright, but she's... nngg... kinda heavy!

[NPC] AiWe can come back and help once our timeline's are all caught up.

Alright. Let's get this over with, I guess.

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:43 am

[NPC] Ai
Ai and Naru travel back ten minutes into the past. They see their past selves across the room traveling to the future.

That's us from ten minutes ago. We're already leaving for the future. The time loop has been stabilized.

[NPC] NaruThat's good, but we still have to go through what our future selves went through.

Yeah. That's the bad part.

[NPC] NaruAnd you're going to get injured too! Now that we know what's going to happen, we should-

Ai fires her Rollback Magnum at Naru. A Synapse Magazine of the last ten minutes of Naru's memories is ejected from the gun. Naru is momentarily delirious.

Ai then fires at her own head.

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:07 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=62&sid=8a0c470ad8a140101ee5dd0ce6a66cda
[NPC] Grim
Basically, Ai here is competing in a very long and difficult game to get her life back. This is what us Reapers call a Reaper Game.

[NPC] NaruWhy didn't you tell me? I thought for sure you...

[NPC] AiThere's a lot of thing I'm keeping from you. It's for the best if you don't know about them. Some of them even have to do with my Reaper Game. If you found out about them, then according to the rules Grim and I agreed on... I'd instantly lose.

Technically if you're unable to prevent Naru from knowing about your secrets you lose. Your Rollback Magnum is sort of a loophole in that regard. You can tell Naru every one of your secrets... but it would be a moot point as you would have to wipe her memories almost immediately afterwards.

[NPC] NaruHave you done this before? Wipe my memories, I mean.

[NPC] Ai......

Yeah... I had to. You came really close to finding out one of my secrets.

[NPC] NaruAnd you being dead. That isn't one of the secrets you need to erase my memories over, is it?

[NPC] AiNo. I figured you didn't need to know all the details about myself, but hiding that from you only caused us problems. The last thing I ever wanted to do was to make you worry, let alone traumatize you.

[NPC] Naru...It's okay. I'm sure there's some time traveler's clause that requires you to hide this stuff from me.

But... that body of yours... the one that fell apart.

Oh, that's a replica one of my Reapers can create. It's crystallized ether that can function and interact with the physical world. Everyone who works for me uses one to walk among the living. However, they eventually break down and have to be replaced, whether from excessive damage or simply wearing out over time. It's not a big deal when they do, since we're already dead, but it is inconvenient. Luckily we're only in the living world for a short amount of time before returning to the Astral Plane, so they rarely get a chance to break down on us.

[NPC] AiHey... if there's anything you want to know... I can't guarantee I can answer everything, but I want to be more honest with you from now on. That way, we can avoid something like this happening again.

[NPC] NaruYou've been dead this entire time, so... does that mean...

[NPC] AiOh... Yeah... That younger me is dead too. Risky as well. We're both dead. Risky's a bit complicated, but I died really young. I don't like taking about it.

[NPC] NaruI'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked.

[NPC] AiN-No it's fine! I've got to earn your trust back, after all.

[NPC] NaruDon't be stupid! You don't need to earn my trust back! If I was in your situation I'd probably keep it a secret from everyone as well. I can't even imagine how my mom would react if she found out I was undead.

[NPC] AiWell I think I have a good idea...

[NPC] NaruBesides, you're my friend... No, more than that. I... kinda look up to you and stuff. I don't have a good reason to, but somehow... when we first me... I can't explain it, but you felt like someone I could trust completely. Sorry if I'm not making any sense. I don't really get it either.

*Ahem* I'd hate to interrupt you two, but aren't you forgetting someone?

[NPC] NaruAH! THAT'S RIGHT! Zarath's still at the warehouse! Come on, we've got to go help him. Grim, can you look for a spare room to put Black Naru in?

Can do!

Naru and Ai spirit back to the warehouse. Grim heads upstairs.

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:36 am

[NPC] Narunnnngh....

[NPC] NaruHey, didn't anybody tell you I was sleeping in h-

[NPC] Ai......
I had a bad dream.

[NPC] Naru......
Did you want to sleep together?

[NPC] AiUh huh...

[NPC] Naru......Alright, lemme make room.

[NPC] NaruDo you wanna talk about it? The dream you had.

[NPC] AiIt's the same dream.

[NPC] NaruSame Dream?... You mean, like a recurring nightmare?

[NPC] AiYeah. The one I told you about.

[NPC] Naru...you told me about it?

[NPC] AiDid you forget?

[NPC] Naru...Sorry... A while back, I had my memories erased. I was forced to forget all about you, but somehow I was able to remember bits and pieces. Maybe the nightmares you told me about is one of the things I forgot?
[NPC] AiWell I'm not gonna talk about it. It's too scary to think about.

[NPC] NaruH-hey, that's fine! I don't need to know about it!

I've got some things I don't like talking about either.

[NPC] Aiare they nightmares?

[NPC] NaruI wish they were, but they were very real. It hasn't happened yet, but in my timeline, some bad people they... they hurt my uncle.

I still don't know why, but since he's in charge of some heroes here in Little City I can only imagine it was to get to them. Without a leader the Justice Core would be directionless.
I mean, sometimes bad things happen, but I'm not even allowed to visit him in the Astral Plane. He was kinda like my dad growing up.

I still miss him.

Ai hugs Naru. Naru hugs back.

[NPC] NaruHey, you don't have to tell me everything, but this nightmare... It isn't about how you died, is it?

[NPC] Ai....uh huh

[NPC] NaruOh. I see...

Did it hurt?

[NPC] AiNo but it was really scary

[NPC] Naru......

Well, I might not be good at dealing with my own issues, but I've heard I'm good at dealing with everyone else's problems. Maybe I can scare away those bad dreams you're having?

[NPC] AiYou can do that?

[NPC] NaruWouldn't be surprised if I could. Either way, I'll be right here when you wake up, okay?

[NPC] AiOkay... Goodnight Naru...

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:12 am

[NPC] Ai

[NPC] GrimHoney I'm hoooooome~ You would not believe the traffic coming home from work today. A freighter Jackknifed on the highway, backing up the road for fifteen miles. All the drivers got so impatient that they all decided to take a nap. Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

[NPC] Grim......

[NPC] Grim*ahem* I uh... just came by to drop this off... Thought it would be safest in here.

Grim lays Black Naru's Gemini Watch on a table next to him.

[NPC] GrimHave you gotten a chance to try that video game Risky got you?... I heard it has something called "motion controls." Could be pretty therapeutic.

...No, not therapeutic. What word am I thinking of?

I'm not in the mood.

[NPC] Grim...for video games?

N-No. I mean... ugh just go away.

[NPC] Grim......

[NPC] GrimAi, I want to help. I don't like the thought of you being stuck in here. I want to fix this.

So did I, and look how that turned out.

[NPC] GrimBut none of this was your fault.

How can you say that after what Naru did in the Spirit World!? She only did that because of me!

[NPC] GrimSo you... know about that.

Lily Anne told me.

Are you mad at her?

[NPC] GrimI don't get mad. It feels bad and I don't like it.

But this does make things more difficult. Oh well, can't be helped. I'll figure something out.

I don't know if we can...

[NPC] GrimDon't be silly, of course we can! I am a very clever person. But like Santa Claus, I'm powered by the wishes of all the good little boys and girls in the world who believe in me. That's how spirits work, after all. That's especially true for someone with full control of their spirit like Naru, Zarath, and... well you get the the idea. The other Reapers can't do anything to Naru's self-esteem while she's at the park, and once the event is set up she, and the rest of the guests, can come back any time they want. It's the perfect vacation from life!

Oh... you mean that time traveler's event we had. Was the Naru from my time there?

[NPC] GrimShe was the very first one to show up.

...Did you deliver my letter?

[NPC] GrimI did. It might have to do with that spirit of hers, but I'm afraid she isn't able to forget about you.

...but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Isn't that why I'm stuck in here?

[NPC] GrimYes, but she doesn't remember the Halloween Event... or rather, she selectively remembers it, and not what actually happened, so your secret is safe. As far as I know, only the memory of you existing persists.

But if she remembers some of it, what's stopping her from eventually remembering everything? What if she already remembers but isn't telling us because she knows we'll just wipe her memories again?

[NPC] GrimI think you have a very active imagination. Don't worry so much. Me and Robin and Risky and Elene and Alex and Angie and Lily Anne and... well, you get it, we'll fix this. We'll do everything we can to make sure that you exist.

...What if I don't want you to?

[NPC] Grim...Well if all goes well with this event we might have a compromise instead. Does that sound better?

Just relax! Take your mind off this whole quantum-maybe-nonsense, because it is nonsense- by its very nature it's nonsense! You're better than nonsense, aren't you? Only crazy old loons like me bother with nonsense. In fact, I should buzz off and deal with all that nonsense so nobody else has to, especially Naru, and especially you. Call me if you need anything, okay?

Oh, and play some video games! It'll help cheer you up!

Grim leaves the coffin through the door he came from.

A few minutes later, Ai moves off the couch and goes to the door.

Ai doesn't know why she keeps doing this. She knows she can't leave. She would have been wiped from existence if Grim wasn't keeping her in here. She's basically on life support... or existence support. All she can do now is wait.

Post » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary