Re: 10th Aniversary Witching Hour!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=182&sid=66e94c4a030be7394f670ddd41357a05
[NPC] Goldie
YAAAAYYYYS!!! GOLDIE IZ KYOOOT AGAINS!!!!!!!!!1

[NPC] AmyThat's not cute that's indecent!

[NPC] JimGranted she could get away with it when she was just an innocent pup. I'd say "she's an adult now and can make her own decisions" but... yeeeeaaaaahhhh maybe not?

Goldie dear? Would you like some clothes?

[NPC] Michiomfg... this is your granddaughter?

[NPC] JimShe most certainly is! Say hello, Goldie!

HOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIII!!!1

Bugsy turns to Milan and nudges him with his foot.

[NPC] Bugsy IIHey bro, you okay?

Post » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:11 am

AM I?!?!!?

[NPC] Milan rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 16

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=191&sid=66e94c4a030be7394f670ddd41357a05
[NPC] Milan

(un)fortunately, Milan has gone to heaven.

f-fine... I... h- I'm fi... fine...

Hey boss, dun worry about repaying me for those swords of yours. I can accept this as payment.

[NPC] JimIs your friend alright?

[NPC] Bugsy IIY-Yeah! He just tripped is all. The ground was slippery where he was standing.

[NPC] MichiWe'll have him looked at when we get back to the mansion. Speaking of which, we should be hauling our prisoner back there as well so she doesn't cause any more trouble.

Post » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:19 am

[NPC] Black Naru rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 9

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=180&sid=66e94c4a030be7394f670ddd41357a05
[NPC] Black Naru
Noooooo, don't do that~!

[NPC] MichiOh we're doing it.

Noooooo you caaaaaaan't~!

[NPC] MichiYeah, as if I'm gonna let someone that knows how to weaponize Mischief Maker loose. Once we get back to the mansion I'm having Drossel open up the basement and we're locking you in the lowest floor, chained upside down to the ceiling, and making you eat the food we send you through one really long straw.

Waaaaahhh you're so meeeaaaaan~

[NPC] Michi...Anybody wanna explain what happened to Naru here? Saying she's different would be an understatement.

Post » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:23 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=305&sid=66e94c4a030be7394f670ddd41357a05
[NPC] Bugsy II
Future Naru said she was from a parallel dimension. Some kind of mirror world where you're the exact opposite of who you are here.

[NPC] JimMirror world? That wouldn't be the Gemini World, would it?

[NPC] MichiOh good, you know about it. Why am I not surprised?

[NPC] JimWell, I only know of it as a rumor. Haven't had time to investigate it myself... but this is fantastic! A live Gemini World inhabitant!

Mind if I ask you some questions?

Post » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:03 am

[NPC] Black Naru
Eh, I don't really care. Ask away! Not like I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

[NPC] JimFantastic!

Hold on just a second...

Jim pulls out a long sheet of paper from inside his coat.

[NPC] JimFantastic!

Right then, first, what I'd like to know is... how do Gemini World inhabitants come to... well, exist? Well I mean, you're all opposites of the people in our world, right? I can imagine that complicates a few romantic relationships...

OOOOH! You wanna know if we have the same parents, right? Well, everyone from the Gemini world comes from this big machine, see? Whenever someone is born in this world, a Gemini counterpart is created in my world. We got all these metal pipes running in and out of the earth that sends power to the machine so it can make more of us. However, this causes a lot of steam to be produced, and my world is covered in an endless fog as a result. It looks super spooky and kickass.
Also, the landscape from my world changes to reflect this world. There's a delay, of course, but any structure in my world changes to match its counterpart in this world.

[NPC] JimSo you don't have any parents?

Technically no. Though... we all have a slight mental link to our counterparts in this world. Naru's mom is not my mom, but I know who she is, and I know her Gemini counterpart too. But hey, you're not interested in her, so I say we let dead bitches rest! Kekekekekeke~!

[NPC] JimYou know, this has been bugging me, but if you're the opposite of someone... and I mean the exact opposite of someone... how does personality growth factor into all that?

People change, but do Gemini World folk follow that change or do they just branch off into their own person?

Hah! You kidding me?! 'Course not! We're negatives of a person's identity. We change because they change. Any external force or environment isn't going to cause us to deviate from our counterparts. We're fixed. It's physically impossible for us to change who we are, or who our counterparts are not.

[NPC] AmyDoes that mean... you don't have any free will?

Well, you can look at it that way. Personally, I see myself as an extension, as if Naru and I share the same spirit. I guess technically we do in a way. How else can you better understand yourself if you know what you wouldn't do?
It's like... you know when you're holding onto something really precious like your wallet, or some expensive tech, or a baby, and you also happen to be standing maybe two meters away from the edge of a cliff, or on the roof of a tall building, and you impulsively think to yourself "I could throw this off if I wanted to. The edge is right there." But you don't, because you would never ever ever do that! What if that's a bit of your Gemini self peeking through? It's not like they're trying to tempt you into going against your core beliefs or morals or anything though. It's more like, "Hey, I'm here, and I would totally throw that baby off that building if I were you."
Anyway, Naru has free will, right? So isn't it reasonable to assume I have free will by ?roxy? If she wants to be the perfect Saitonese housewife that's our decision to make. I just happen to always do the opposite.

...What? Why you all gotta look so depressed? I couldn't give two shits about free will anyway. All that means is I can murder and pillage and I wouldn't be held accountable! It's friggin great!

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:59 pm

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=305&sid=66e94c4a030be7394f670ddd41357a05
[NPC] Bugsy II
I got one. Why are you so obsessed with fighting?

[NPC] Black NaruSeriously? I already answered that! We can't deviate from what our counterparts wouldn't do!

But Naru fights people all the time! She fought a future version of herself this morning!

[NPC] Black NaruDid she? Figures...

No, what you need to get is I enjoy fighting people. I don't fight to win or lose. I fight for the sake of fighting. For that rush of adrenaline that makes you feel alive, knowing that you're not tied down by anything or anyone. Live for yourself and take what you want.

Naru fights because she feels like she has to, not because she wants to. She's tied down by a sense of duty she's invented for herself. Don't break the law. Stay in school. Surrender your individuality and conform to collectivist society. Is it any wonder that she inevitably snapped? She doesn't want to fight, but she does it anyway because, hey, who else is going to defeat that overlord, or that monster, or that corrupt politician? Better yet, she actually believes it's expected of her that she does!

But that's also what makes her the most fun to fight. Because I know her. Inside... and out. She'll fight me, even if she doesn't want to.

But you'll still fight us, right? Because it's fun?

[NPC] Black NaruYeah... I wonder...

You there, with the eyebrows. You don't like to fight? Do you?

[NPC] JimNot really no.

[NPC] Black NaruAnd you two. You don't like to fight either, right?

[NPC] AmyI'd rather we have a magical duel with lots of flashing lights and colors and soda and candy and spooooky campfire stories.

[NPC] MarvinI'm terrible at fighting.

[NPC] MichiI'll fight you. Want me to remove those handcuffs?

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:09 am

[NPC] Black Naru
Nah. I removed them myself a long time ago.

[NPC] Bugsy IIWh- When did she- !!!

[NPC] MichiCan't be easily caged can you? Alright, I'll humor you!

Oh, no, I'm not fighting you.

[NPC] Michi......huh?

You're boring. You bore me.

Don't get me wrong. Any other day? Sure. But if Naru's here, of course I'm going after the better game!

[NPC] Bugsy IIGood luck. Out of the two Naru's here, the one you fought earlier is asleep, and the other one is outside the park.

Yeah? And? If she's right outside the park I'll go find her myself!

Later!

Black Naru returns to the Gemini World.

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:25 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64&sid=66e94c4a030be7394f670ddd41357a05
[NPC] Amy
Well, she's gone now. Guess we don't have to worry about her anymore.

Also, we got Goldie some clothes!... Although... they're kinda... not any better.

Goldie is wearing a keyhole turtleneck, and ONLY a keyhole turtleneck.

[NPC] RobinSorry. It was all I had on me.

[NPC] Bugsy IIYeah, sure, that's... that's good enough.

Is it really?

[NPC] Bugsy II......

Nooooo...

Where do you think that Gemini girl went?

[NPC] Bugsy IIOh yeah, that device she used can take her back to the Gemini World. She used it to get away from us last time.

She said she was going to fight Naru right?

[NPC] Bugsy IIYeah, but good luck with that. She's a Time Traveler, so there's no way she can get past the barrier.

Time Traveler?

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:41 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=72&sid=66e94c4a030be7394f670ddd41357a05
[NPC] Robin
.........shit.

We messed up. This is bad. This is really really bad.

[NPC] AmyWhat's wrong?

She can leave the park. If she's able to jump between worlds... If the Gemini World doesn't have a barrier around Central Park, she can leave the park in the Gemini World, jump back over to our world, and-

[NPC] Bugsy IIW-wait... She said her world changes based on what's in ours. Wouldn't a barrier appear there too?

N-no it... it doesn't work like that. The barrier is pure spirit energy. It's not a physical entity, so it wouldn't... no, there's no way it would be in the Gemini world. She probably doesn't even know there is a barrier.

I... I need to call Grim.

Grim, you there? This is important.

[NPC] GrimHey Robin! How goes the hunt for the big bad wolf?

We messed up. Someone got out. They have some dimensional teleportation device that lets them jump to another universe and come out the other side of the barrier. What's the protocol for this kind of situation?

[NPC] GrimOh, speak of the devil. My Waybackers just showed up and told me about that. Miss Hanasaku is already on the hunt as we speak. Everything's going to be fine.

...O-oh... How... anticlimactic.

Never mind everyone. Everything's fine... I hope...

[NPC] GrimWe'll track down the escapee and detain them before they can cause any damage to the timeline. Oh, and you might want to contact the Waybackers in the past and let them know ahead of time. Your phone should have some wayback technology built into it. Contact Miss Hanasaku and give her the rundown of the situation.

R-right... that's a good idea.

[NPC] AiDun worry girlfriend! We've got time on our side!

Yeah... right. Thanks... See you later...
...Tell Alex I said hi.

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:20 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58&sid=66e94c4a030be7394f670ddd41357a05
[NPC] Jim
...Well, I think that's enough excitement for one evening.

[NPC] MichiGrim's taking care of the escapee, right? Then we should head back to the mansion. The werewolf's not a threat and I'm freaking tired.

How far away is this mansion, anyway?

[NPC] MichiIunno, maybe twenty minutes?

[NPC] AmyTwenty minutes?! Goldie will freeze in that amount of time!

Would you like to ride in my coat then, Goldie?

[NPC] GoldieYa ya!

Well, hop on in then! Go on, Get the fireplace going and cuddle up on the sofa!

[NPC] MilanWhat the hell is he talking about?

[NPC] GoldieHAAAOOOOOOO~!

Goldie vanishes into Jim's overcoat. Marvin quickly follows and disappears inside as well.

[NPC] MilanWh- Wh-

You want in too? Go on, it won't bite!

Jim hands his overcoat to Milan.

Milan cautiously pulls the coat over his head and vanishes inside it.

He's immediately transported to a small, circular room. There's a single sofa in the centre atop a shagged carpet, with some stairs leading up to a bunch of doors on some kind of circular balcony. There's a fireplace is going in the corner, and an old-timey telly next to some video tapes on a nearby shelf. They all have names of people on them.

[NPC] AmyHey Goldie! Marvin! Make sure he doesn't touch any of Jim's stuff, okay!?

[NPC] GoldieOkkkaaayyyyyzzz!!!!1

Post » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary