Re: 10th Aniversary Witching Hour!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=99&sid=308eeadf9805fa2106125d9f1951e498
[NPC] Marvin
Wh-what just happened? Amy, you didn't cast any teleportation magic, did you?

[NPC] AmyI already said it wasn't me!

[NPC] Amy...or maybe it was and my wand is brokeded or something.

Any idea where we are? Looks like we're in a city from the buildings over there... but which city is it?

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:24 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64&sid=308eeadf9805fa2106125d9f1951e498
[NPC] Amy

Amy pulls out her PDA

Please please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE RECEPTION!...

...YES! Okay, we're in-

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:32 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58&sid=308eeadf9805fa2106125d9f1951e498
[NPC] Jim
Wait wait wait! Don't just look it up on a GPS. Where's the fun in that?
Lemme see if I can figure it out on my own first.

[NPC] AmyUm... okay, go ahead.

Haha Yes! It's so much more fun to figure things out without the help of modern technologies. Exercises the brain, you know?

Right then, I'm thinking of three words... No, Four words... No, three words again...

Moon
Stars
Night Sky

[NPC] AmyThat's four words.

I said four words.
[NPC] AmyThen you corrected yourself and said three.

I thought "Night Sky" was all one word!

[NPC] AmyIt's not.

Compound word?

[NPC] AmyNo.

Mmmm yeah 'course it's not.

Speaking of which, do you know how many languages out there shorten "Night Sky" to just one word? It's like almost all of them! Well, not Welsh. In Welsh it's four words. Hop on the bandwagon any time fellas we don't got all day. But my point being I can determine our location on the globe using the position and phase of the moon. That along with the constellations should tell me everything we need to kn-know...

Call me crazy... but there aren't any stars out, are there?

[NPC] AmyWe're in the middle of a city, so no, not a single one.

Ah, perfect. Great. Just great.

Well I can narrow down our location using the foliage and weather alone. It's winter so we must be in the northern hemisphere still. It's night so that's about two to three time zones away from our previous location give or take. Evergreens over there aren't telling us much...

...and I just realised one very very important detail that all of us should have noticed the moment we got here.

[NPC] AmyAnd what's that?

We're standing on a frozen lake.

And it's about to crack.

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:41 am

I'm casting an ice spell to freeze the lake enough for us to safely stand on.

[NPC] Amy rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 6

[NPC] Amy

Amy freezes the lake enough to remove the cracks, but the lake could still break at any minute. Amy, Jim, and Marvin will have to carefully walk across the lake or risk the ice breaking again.

Okay, I think that did it, but we should get off the lake anyway. Let's head to the city and try to figure out where we are.

[NPC] JimAfter you.

I think Marvin should go first.

[NPC] JimWhat? No, you go first!

I'll be fine! If the ice breaks I can hop off it, and you won't die from a cold now would you?

[NPC] JimYou don't know that!

What I'm saying is Marvin has the most to lose if he's the last one on the ice. I can't just let him go last.

[NPC] JimI'm not saying he goes last! I've got to make sure you lot get to safety so I'll go last!

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:37 am

I'm just gonna get this over with and carefully cross the lake. I'm the closest to the edge and the ice in front of me looks fine. If I'm slow and careful I should make it. I CANNOT POSSIBLY MESS THIS UP.

[NPC] Marvin rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 10

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=99&sid=308eeadf9805fa2106125d9f1951e498
[NPC] Marvin

Marvin, despite being cursed with bad luck, somehow does not mess this up and crosses the lake, having rolled the maximum number he is able to roll on a 20. The curse is letting up on him, apparently. He remembers the dark days when he was only able to roll a 5 or lower on a 20, but it looks like those days are behind him. No more going to perform at the Prime Minister's birthday party only to light yourself on fire, running out of Parliament screaming. Prime Minister found it funny, but it was anything but.

Hey, it's fine, I crossed safely. You guys can stop worrying about me ballsing everything up for myself and worry about your own hides for a change.

[NPC] Jim...You think he's upset?

[NPC] AmyDefinitely, definitely upset.

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:49 am

Alright, guess I'll go. What could possibly go wrong?

[NPC] Amy rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 5

[NPC] Amy

Amy takes a couple of steps before part of the ice breaks, causing her to trip and fall to her knees. She crawls the rest of the way to the edge of the lake, and otherwise makes it safely.

Alright Jim, we both made it. Now get over here, you're worrying me to death!

[NPC] JimBe right with you, Amy!

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:56 am

Alright, you can do this. Faced more perilous obstacles before, this should be easy. Just gotta carefully walk across the frozen lake without it breaking underneath you. Easy. Oh how I love it when it's easy, and oh how I hate how it's almost always never easy.

[NPC] Jim rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 13

[NPC] Jim

Jim makes it across the lake.

Alright, now, where were we?

[NPC] AmyMore like where are we, right? Think we should wander off into the city and ask for directions.

Wait... that architecture. That... that noise... Oh... Oh! Oh that! That unmistakable noise! Amy! Marvin! Come with me! I've figured out where we are!

Jim, Amy, and Marvin run to the nearest street corner.

[NPC] AmyWhere are we going!?

Gotta double check something, Amy! With these old ears I have to make sure they aren't playing tricks on me!

[NPC] AmyWhat was it you were saying about a noise?!

The noise Amy! The noise of people! Hundreds of people, all busy and having places to go in the dead of night, not slowing down, not stopping! The noise of taxi cabs and bus drivers and pizza delivered on mopeds! The noise of people, unable to see outside the scope of their own lives yelling at others to slow down! But do they slow down? Nooooo, they keep going! They've got things to do and places to see! Life is short and the pizza is getting cold, Amy! Who on earth likes a cold pizza?!

[NPC] AmyWhat are you saying?! Isn't that the same in every city?!

Oh not every city, Amy! There's one city, ONE CITY that stands out as the busiest, brightest, and biggest of them all! Where else would we be?!

We're in Little City!

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:02 am

[NPC] Amy
Omg this really is Little City. How'd we get here?

[NPC] JimGood question! Marvin, your thoughts?

[NPC] MarvinI dunno, didn't Amy bugger up her spell or something?

Hey!

[NPC] MarvinWell it's not like you can get it right all the time. Magic is random.

It's controlled random. You don't mess up a spell if you know what you're doing, and I knew what I was doing. Jim, I say this is something else at work.

[NPC] JimQuite right, Amy. I completely agree.

Thank you.

[NPC] JimQuestion is... what is this "something else"?

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:19 am

[NPC] Jim

Well, not like the answer is gonna come along and smack us in the nose, now will it? Let's find a place to stay for the night, shall we?

Jim bangs his head against something.

[NPC] AmyJim! Are you okay?!

[NPC] MarvinLooks like he hit his head against something.

[NPC] AmyJim? Everything alright? Jim?

This is...

BRILLIANT!

[NPC] AmyWhat is? What's brilliant?

[NPC] MarvinHey, there's some kind of invisible wall here. Look, you can see it when you try to touch it.

Marvin places his hands against the invisible wall Jim ran into. Jim continues staring closely at the wall, smiling.

Hahahahaha. Now what in blazes could you be? And more importantly, what are you doing here?

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:28 am

[NPC] Amy
Do you know what this is, Jim?

[NPC] JimI have no idea! Imagine that, I don't know what this is!

You... don't know what this is?

[NPC] JimI know! Isn't that exciting!?

[NPC] MarvinIs he always like this? He seems kind of... well, mad to be honest.

Hey, he's not mad!... Okay, maybe a little mad, but there's nothing wrong with that!

AAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo~

What was that?

[NPC] JimTell you what...

[NPC] JimLet's go find out, shall we?

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:29 am

Next

Return to 10th Aniversary