10th Aniversary Depredation!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=93&sid=b9f03d7fb3303750bc256f01ac95fa32
[NPC] Michi
I'm going to look for a bedroom. North, can I get some help?

[NPC] North KoreaOn it.

Drossel, can you help Bugsy when the Remedy gets here?

[NPC] DrosselYes ma'am.

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:30 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=170&sid=b9f03d7fb3303750bc256f01ac95fa32
[NPC] Bugsy
I'll call the paramedics. I can wait outside the park until they get here. Someone has to be there to explain the barrier around the park.

[NPC] NaruAnything else I can help with?

If we need any help I'll let you know. I'd hate to ask you to sit on the sidelines like this, but there's little any of us can do at the moment.
I'll be outside waiting on the paramedics if you need anything.

Bugsy and Drossel leave out the front door. Michi and North have wandered off looking for a bedroom.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=255&start=90

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:40 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=94&sid=b9f03d7fb3303750bc256f01ac95fa32
[NPC] Zarath
What the hell just happened?

[NPC] Bugsy III barely know any of you guys so your guess is as good as mine. What the hell did happen?

...wait, you don't think this is some sort of trick, do you?

Trick?

[NPC] Bugsy IIYou know, to get outside the barrier?

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:53 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=b9f03d7fb3303750bc256f01ac95fa32
[NPC] Naru
No way. Sensei wouldn't do something so underhanded like this.

[NPC] Bugsy III'm not saying that's definitely what's going on, but we should be on our toes either way. Then again, you guys know her better than I do. If you trust her, maybe there's nothing to worry about?

[NPC] ZarathAnybody want to tell the new guy what this barrier thing is?

[NPC] Bugsy IIThere's a barrier around the park to keep Time Travelers from leaving and altering history. Senior B, Naru, and I can go in and out as we please, but Future Naru here can't leave. That's also why we couldn't take that girl your sensei was carrying to the hospital. They're all Time Travelers and can't leave either.

[NPC] ZarathGuess that's what Grim meant when he gave me this. I'm guessing this lets me slip through the barrier?

Zarath holds out his Paradox Bandit Grim gave him.

He gave you one too, huh?

Naru holds out her Double Paradox Bandit.

[NPC] ZarathHey, how come yours is different?

You'll find out... hopefully.
What I want to know is why Michi sensei wanted out of the park so badly.

[NPC] ZarathMaybe she just wanted to see if she could? I can't think of any other reason she might want out.

...Yeah that sounds like something she would do...

Post » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:55 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=305&sid=b9f03d7fb3303750bc256f01ac95fa32
[NPC] Bugsy II
So... not much we can do right now. Should we introduce ourselves?

[NPC] NaruHaven't we already done that?

Well, on a name basis, yeah... but I still don't know anything about either of you. For example, you said something about Astral... something earlier... but that doesn't sound like any form of magic I've ever heard of. Is it some special ability only you know or something?

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:42 pm

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=b9f03d7fb3303750bc256f01ac95fa32
[NPC] Naru
Oh, you want to know about that? It's kind of a long story.

[NPC] Bugsy IIThen just give me the short and sweet version.

Basically, I got it as an eleventh-hour superpower after spending ten months in the Battle Verge. I think I might have always had these powers, but they didn't awaken until Zarath and I were fighting an Overlord. Ever since I've had unlimited control of my spirit, and I'm able to use a bunch of abilities related to Aether, like Astral Projections and so on. Oh, and obviously I can teleport myself, other people, and objects too.

[NPC] Bugsy II...Wait, how is teleporting part of controlling your spirit?

No, it's... Ever heard of someone being "spirited away"? A person vanishes and then reappears somewhere else. It's wordplay. We're spiriting ourselves to different locations using our spirit powers.

[NPC] Bugsy IIAnd you're the only person who knows this type of magic?

No, Zarath has Astral Powers as well.

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:51 am

[NPC] Zarath
We both got our powers around the same time. Our job classes both changed to something called a "Zodiac" that has a completely different leveling system than other job classes. I think we get "ranks" instead of levels, but I could be wrong?

[NPC] Bugsy IISo it's just you two who have Astral powers then?

Pretty sure. Grim says it's rare for someone to be born with an Astral Beast spirit, but it's even rarer for there to be two living at the same time. The odds of more existing is possible though, but so far we haven't met anyone else who can use Astral Powers besides a bunch of dead people from thousands of years ago. Isn't that right, Naru?

[NPC] NaruY-yeah... I think...

Something the matter?

[NPC] NaruN-no, I-I'm fine... I just feel like... like I'm forgetting...

It's probably nothing... Never mind.

Can we hear more about you, Bugsy?

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:06 am

[NPC] Bugsy II
Not much to say, really. I'm Senior B's assistant, and I help with the Justice Core and Little City community projects. That's about it...

Oh, right, I guess I'm also on good terms with the police department, but it's mostly for handling their rocky relationship with the Justice Core. You know how the police are with super heroes. It's a mixed bag.

[NPC] ZarathWhat about those things on your hoodie?

[NPC] NaruThey're bunny ears.

How d'you know?

[NPC] NaruI know my Uncle. And if you're working for him, they couldn't be anything else.

It's part of his special training. Gotta become a rabbit to know the ways of a rabbit, or something. They're attached to my hoodie so when I put my hood on...

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:08 am

[NPC] Bugsy II
Ta-da~ Instant rabbit costume whenever I want.

Bugsy removes his hood.

[NPC] ZarathDoes it help any? In combat, I mean...

Well, yeah, but not because of the rabbit ears. My hoodie's enchanted so I get a luck boost as long as I'm wearing it.

[NPC] NaruOh yeah Zarath, we were all so caught up in what happened with Michi sensei that I never got a chance to ask, but what are you doing in Little City?

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:16 am

[NPC] Zarath
I thought you'd never ask!

My dad is here for some special chef training for our tavern back home, and he brought me along so I could attend Soup Con.

[NPC] NaruSoup Con?! Is that going on right now?!

Sure is! In fact, I picked up a little something while I was there...

Barack Obama, The Manga

A graphic novel involving parallel worlds, time travel, and love triangles. The vocal majority of the internet loves it for ironic reasons. Barack Obama has yet to appear in the series outside of low-res full-page images of what most assume to be his face.

Ta-da!

[NPC] NaruPPFFAAHAHAHA!!! Di- Did you- You actually bought that?! Don't people make fun of that series?!

Yeah, but I figure if the characters are likeable it can't be that bad, right? Also I felt bad for reading scans of it online. You wanna borrow it?

[NPC] NaruOh hell no, you kidding me? Hahahaha~

[NPC] Bugsy IIUM!!! GUYS!??!

Hm?

[NPC] Naru...oh... oh no...

What?... What are you two looking at?

Wh-What the hell?!

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary