10th Aniversary Depredation!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=8e07330dd30b153f5ab984d0e66fc522
[NPC] Naru

How am I suppose to hold my spear like this?

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:42 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=170&sid=8e07330dd30b153f5ab984d0e66fc522
[NPC] Bugsy
I doubt you'll be wielding any kind of weaponry any time soon. Saying your hands were in pretty bad shape would be a gross understatement. You really should be seeking more professional care, but since you can't leave the park this is the best we have to work with.

[NPC] NaruThere isn't any sort of bone healing magic you could use to make this go faster?

Well bone healing magic does exist, but I don't trust it with my life. Wouldn't want any structural weaknesses to develop. I'm afraid you'll have to let them heal the regular way.

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:44 am

[NPC] Naru
If I can hop back to the future I could come back once my hands are better, but I don't even know how I got here.

bzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzz

Hey... your.... your phone's going off.

[NPC] BugsyAh, so it is...

...Hello?

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:44 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=305&sid=8e07330dd30b153f5ab984d0e66fc522
[NPC] Bugsy II
Hey senior B, how'd the operation go?

[NPC] BugsyCome now it wasn't that serious.

[NPC] NaruBut you just said...

Anyway, our Naru's sound asleep back at the hotel room. Looks like she'll be out for a while. Hey, is Future Naru still with you?

[NPC] BugsyYes, Naru is still here.

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:48 am

[NPC] Naru
H-hey...

[NPC] Bugsy IIYour hands feeling okay? They looked pretty bad. What happened?

On second thought, never mind. Probably shouldn't ask about that. Grim said there's gonna be more folks from the future showing up in the park. If we want this event to get back on track we need to figure out what's going on and how to fix it.

O-Oh... You wanna know how I got sent here?

[NPC] Bugsy IIPlease and thank you.

Sorry, but I'm just as clueless. I was on my way to class when I got grabbed from my own time and put here. There wasn't even a magical transition or portal to fall into... at least none that I noticed. Just... poof I'm here now.

[NPC] Bugsy IICan you think of anything that might have triggered it? Like something out of the ordinary that day or the day before?

Nope. Nothing.

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:10 am

[NPC] Bugsy
Weird. You think it's all random? If all of the next ten years are leaking into Central Park sending people in randomly sounds like it would make the most sense.

[NPC] NaruThen why did I get sent back and not some random person off the street?

...lucky pick? I don't think we can gather as much when it's just you who's come through.

[NPC] NaruBut if a ten year time period is getting pulled into Central Park now, why is it so slow?

Grim describe it like an hourglass if that makes sense. Time is being funneled into Central Park instead of one big flood gate being opened. Since he's the one that broke time I'd assume he knows what he's talking about.

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:16 am

[NPC] Naru
And there's no way to predict who or when someone gets pulled here.

[NPC] Bugsy IINope. Could be anybody. Could be us, years in the future. Might even get more Narus if that's possible.

Hey if her hands are all better I wouldn't mind going back to my own time. I'll have to see the school nurse before I make it to class though.

[NPC] Bugsy IIEither way we'll need to put them somewhere in the park if they can't leave. Is there some kind of boarding house or shelter we can keep all the time travelers in?

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:23 am

Does Central Park have any living quarters for wayward time travelers?

[NPC] Bugsy rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 20

[NPC] Bugsy
Central Park has a five-star mansion just kinda sitting off to the side between 80th and 84th street. It's so old no one knows where it came from or why it's there. The popular belief is that a nameless duke bought the entire land that would become Central Park to himself and built the mansion to stay in, but died without anyone to inherit it so it just went to the city. Tours are held there occasionally, but no one is allowed to actually stay in there. If they were, the mansion could hold three to four guilds worth of people. It looks to be only three suites tall, but it's actually much larger, having many basement floors that go under the park.

Also, the mansion may or may not hold some dark terrible secret in its lowest floor. A secret that Busgy may or may not be privy to, and in the best interest of the group won't disclose said information.

Technically Redacted Hall could fit scores of people in it, but I don't think the city would be happy about people staying in there.

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:35 am

[NPC] Naru
It's not like I haven't trashed the park already. Might have gotten rid of some trees as well with that Beta.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bugsy, why is your PDA still going off?

[NPC] BugsyIt can't be mine, it's in the middle of a call.

Can't be mine. I turned it off.

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Actually... I don't think that's coming from the PDA... It's coming from... somewhere that way?

[NPC] Bugsy
We'll have to continue this conversation later. Whatever is making that sound it can't be good.

[NPC] NaruI'll go check it out. Maybe it's another time traveler?

Wait a minute Naru, I can't in good conscious let you walk into another fight with your hands like that. They'll fall to pieces if you're not careful, and cybernetics are expensive.

[NPC] NaruThen we'll have to be diplomatic.

[NPC] Busgy IIShould I get down there as well?

[NPC] NaruIf you want.

[NPC] Busgy IIWell alright I'll see you in a bit...

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary