10th Aniversary Depredation!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.

How much money do I have on me right now?

[NPC] Zarath rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 17

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=94&sid=fc23715143aa0c417fab887bf0b1ad6b
[NPC] Zarath

Zarath is carrying a hefty allowance of 17,000 zenny remaining, enough to give him one heck of a night in the city. Right now Zarath is in a bookstore conveniently located near Soup Con, the local anime and comics convention that visits Little City annually around this time of year. Of course, this is Zarath's first time in Little City, making him very lucky that the con was the same time as his visit abroad. He's visiting along with his dad who came to receive special culinary training to help boost the popularity of the family tavern back in Zymalia. It's almost noon, and Zarath hasn't even blown through half of his allowance thanks to his Income Management skill, which he continues to use as he looks for some reading material that'll get him the most bang for his buck.

Like this one, for instance. It's a bit infamous on the web. Originally a one shot story, but additional volumes were made by the author when demand increased. This is a second print edition.

The story, first and foremost, involves a love triangle. Make a joke about that. However, a quarter into the story, time travel and parallel worlds are introduced. The three main character hop between alternate histories hunting for artifacts and fighting these clock creatures. Things get even more complicated when they visit alternate timelines where two of the three protagonists have kids. This implies that no matter which history they ultimately decide to make their reality, someone's not going to exist. The term "Harem End" was created by the fans so nobody gets unloved, or unversed...

Also, Zarath has already read scans of this book online, but felt like buying a physical copy to help support the author.

ALSO also, the Character "Barack Obama" does not, at all, appear in even the latest chapter of the story, nor is he mentioned, and probably never will be. Who the hell is Obama?

IS THIS OBAMA?! There's a very low-res print of a dude's face on the very last page of the book... or the very first, actually. The book is published right-to-left like all graphic novels made in Saito, so you'd read the book backwards... except this is a western manga made in the US... and they printed it like this anyway. It might have originally been left-to-right, but the publisher flipped all of the pages for no sound reason, other than to capitalize on the anime and manga boom that's going on right now with today's youth.

WHO THE HELL IS BARACK OBAMA?!

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:42 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=72&sid=fc23715143aa0c417fab887bf0b1ad6b
[NPC] Ryan
You Zarath?

[NPC] Zarath...Yeah, actually. You know me from somewhere?

No, this is the first we've met. I'm Ryan, by the way.
You're Naru's friend, right? The Grim Reaper needs you for something.

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:42 am

[NPC] Zarath
Oh no what does he want now-

Wait wait wait wait wait, you know Grim? Oh no. Ooooooh no, you're one of those other Reapers he told us about last time, aren't you?

[NPC] RyanYup.

Well is it important? I'm kinda on vacation right now, so I can't be going to other dimensions or fighting Overlords for him unless my dad says it's okay first. Plus I promised I'd be back at the hotel before dusk.

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:47 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=72&sid=fc23715143aa0c417fab887bf0b1ad6b
[NPC] Ryan
Don't worry, no alternate dimensions or overlords this time. We just need someone to fill in for Naru. She didn't get a good night sleep last night and busted up her hands pretty badly.

[NPC] ZarathWait, is Naru here in Little City?!

She is 200% here.

[NPC] Zarath200?

You'll find out. Just head to Central Park when you're done shopping or whatever. You'll get more instructions when you get there by the Event Managers. Grim says you'll almost definitely have to fight somebody when you do, so prepare yourself for that. Also, your old guild team is gonna be there as well.

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:59 am

[NPC] Zarath
Mizuki sensei's guild?

[NPC] RyanYup. Just about everyone you'd expect to be there. They're at central park right now.

Guess she found a window in her busy schedule to make it here in time.
Waitwaitwait... When you say "Everyone"... You mean everyone as in everyone everyone?

[NPC] RyanEveryone you partied with two years ago when you first joined the guild, yes. Sans Garamond, since he's... well you know.

Zarath is silent. He focuses away from Ryan with a downward gaze as if deep in thought.

He slaps both his cheeks as if trying to wake himself up.

Is Grim with you right now?... He's not hiding somewhere trying to jump-scare me again, is he?

[NPC] RyanOh yeah, he's outside the shop buying some get-well gifts for Naru. He was pretty happy about visiting the convention considering he doesn't have to use his human disguise like I do.

Grim's here? At the convention?

[NPC] RyanI mean yeah, if you were a 7ft tall skeleton in a black robe where would you go to blend in?

A comic book convention. Figures he'd want to take advantage of that.

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:08 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=62&sid=fc23715143aa0c417fab887bf0b1ad6b
[NPC] Grim
Heeey Ryan, I'm done with my shopping!

Have you seen some of the cosplayers out there? I can't believe how convincing their costumes are considering they're not allowed to use magic. Someone built a 1/1 scale dinosaur costume and used a black body suit to hide their legs. Have you seen the dinosaur, Ryan?

[NPC] RyanYeah, I've seen it. Have you seen the guy in the functioning robot suit that can transform?

Which one was that?

[NPC] RyanThe red one.

Oh, no, I've only seen one that was blue.

[NPC] RyanThe red one is at least 100 times better.

A convention attendee waves at Grim as they pass by.

Cool skeleton costume brah!

Hehehehehehehe~

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:14 am

[NPC] Zarath
Hey Grim, how's it going?

[NPC] GrimPretty good! How's your mom doing?

Oh, yeah she's great. Stopped exploring after what happened though. Dad's trying to talk her back into it, but I doubt he'll have any luck. Someone's gotta watch the Inn while we're gone anyway, so it could be worse. What's this about Naru being in Little City?

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:18 am

[NPC] Grim
Oh, funny story that is. Naru and her family were asked to hold an event in Central Park a few days ago, but there's been some... problems let's say. In fact I fear things may become more hectic for everybody involved, which is why I'm recruiting more people to help carry the weight. The Justice Core were asked to help, but they haven't turned up yet. I've also asked my Time Travelers to help, but they haven't shown up either... haven't even called now that I think about it.

Well anyway, I figured since you were in town I would ask you as well. Did you bring your Legendary Sword with you?

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:27 am

[NPC] Zarath
Well it's not like I can't bring it with me since it's a physical manifestation of my spirit or something...

[NPC] GrimGreat! So can we count on you to help?

...Yeah, alright... If Naru has to put up with you I might as well carry some of the weight as well.

[NPC] GrimFantastic. If I'm not there at Central Park, go talk to whoever is there and tell them I sent you.
Actually, now that I think about it I need to give you clearance first. Here, take this.

Paradox Bandit

Oh boy, here we go!

[NPC] GrimThat'll give you access to the park. I figure if they see you wandering around in there they won't need to know who you are.

[NPC] RyanYou put it around your neck.

I know how a necklace works. :stare:

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:33 am

[NPC] Grim
So, that's all I've got for you. Stop by Central Park whenever you're free. Oh, and you'll probably want to head to the intersection of 59th street and 5th avenue.
[NPC] Zarath59th street huh? That's convenient.
I can be there in the next 30 minutes if you want. I was just getting ready to pay for some stuff and after that I can leave.

No, no, by all means please take your time. You rarely get to visit a convention like this. I wouldn't want supernatural affairs to tarnish such a momentous occasion for someone as young as yourself. Events like this become scarcer as you grow older, you know?

[NPC] ZarathWell at the very least I can be there at around noon.

[NPC] RyanThen we'll see you there. Come on Grim you promised I'd get to shop a little.

Haha, very well. See you later, Zarath. Call us if you need anything, okay?

Grim and Ryan leave.

[NPC] ZarathOof. Here we go again...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=255&start=60

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:30 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary