10th Aniversary Depredation!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=93&sid=6c7de10a765478428272670e4cc60301
[NPC] Michi
Alright team, status report. I want inventory checks, status and ability checks, and most importantly I want to know everything that's in this room and where this room ends.

Post » Tue May 24, 2016 5:53 pm

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=292&sid=6c7de10a765478428272670e4cc60301
[NPC] North Korea
This is the last room, right? I don't think I could take another 10 floors tbh.

[NPC] MichiYeah, this should be the last one.

Gotta say if the last level looks like this... whoever designed it? They got some rad aesthetic taste.

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 1:57 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=289&sid=6c7de10a765478428272670e4cc60301
[NPC] Priscilla
Looks pretty boring to me. Homigosh we're above ground level again!!!... or ARE we? As if that hasn't been done to death already.

[NPC] North KoreaIt hasn't.

[NPC] DrosselI have to agree. This is the first time I've seen a dungeon's final floor look anything like this.

Well this is the 50 billionth time I've seen a final floor like this. They do this to make their dungeons look deep and interesting... that's deep as in complex, not deep as in underground. They do the same thing on some intermediate rooms as well because they're worried people who visit their scary dungeons will "get tired and want to rest." What's wrong? Was my dank underground lair too much for you? Don't worry, here's a nice rest stop up with some peaceful scenery and anti-monster barriers so you can catch your breath. Also, here's a free tent to rest in, and some milk and cookies. Don't forget to brush your teeth before you go to bed!
Short and simple, this is a dungeon for casuals. REAL Dungeons need to have something called "thrill escalation", where each floor looks more dangerous than the last. Adding floors like this in only disrupt the natural thrill.

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 1:57 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=291&sid=6c7de10a765478428272670e4cc60301
[NPC] Drossel
Um, guys?... Wh-where's the door?

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 1:58 am

[NPC] Michi
...?

Oh would you look at that. Friggin' entrance is gone. Oh well, we weren't planning to leave any time soon anyway. North, what's our inventory situation like? It better be good if we're gonna be stuck here for a while.

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 2:00 am

Alright, short and simple inventory check. What do we got and how much of it do we got?

[NPC] North Korea rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 13

[NPC] North Korea
North's party is already halfway through their supplies, but there's plenty of potions and ethers to get them through the last leg of the dungeon and back out the surface. North takes a quick inventory check of the group's shared inventory:

x15 Medium Potions
x10 Small potions
x10 Large Potions
x20 Medium Ethers
x10 Small Ethers
x10 Reflect Screens
x5 D-lixirs
x5 Quick'n Easy Bandit Strings
x5 Smoke Bombs
x2 Escape Ropes
x3 Bags Full of Sand
x3 Tents
x1 Dungeon Map
x1 Compass
x4 Stone Puzzle Pieces
x1 Wallbear Armor
x1 Mysterious Totem

Inventory looks good. Not sure what half of this stuff does though.

[NPC] MichiFantastic. How's everybody else doing?

[NPC] PriscillaI'm fine.

[NPC] DrosselI'm alright as well.

[NPC] MichiHmm... Suspicious. Can I get a full party scan? I don't want a repeat of last Christmas where half of our skills got nerf'd halfway through the tower.

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 2:41 am

Full character scan! How's my HP, MP, Status, Weapons, and Armor in that order.

[NPC] Priscilla rolled 5 20-sided dice. Results: 16, 7, 1, 20, 6

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=289&sid=6c7de10a765478428272670e4cc60301
[NPC] Priscilla
Priscilla has done an amazing job at keeping her HP above critical, which is very good because of her specialty as the teams Glass Cannon. The less hits she takes the better, and she's been extremely lucky at not getting hit this entire mission. She thinks a Mummify might've tried to steal some of her mana while she wasn't looking earlier, but was able to fend it off with only minor scrapes and bruises.

Her MP, however, is over halfway depleted. She came into the dungeon blasting her most powerful spells and hasn't stopped since. Most of the ethers the party had been carrying were used up by her, and it looks like another one is going to be used to refuel her magic. The party looses x1 Medium Ether.

However, Priscilla doesn't know this, but that Mummify from earlier cast Doom on her. Priscilla will go unconscious if she rolls a 1 or after 4 rounds of combat if the Doom curse is not lifted before then, but because Priscilla doesn't know this she doesn't alert her fellow party members.

The weapon she brought along for this quest are a pair of Twin Radial Mage Pistols, an insanely powerful magic weapon, and by insanely I mean "holy shit what were you thinking giving that to a teenage girl she's going to get herself and everyone around her killed if she's not careful." The guns use surprisingly little mana for spell casting, and have an unbelievable range of 40 meters. Priscilla also has the option of using Doublecast when using her mage pistols, meaning if she casts one spell with one of her guns, she can cast the same spell from the other gun for no mana cost. Targets that are killed with this weapon explode and leave behind rainbow burn marks on the ground that have a chance of creating Magic Crystals. They can be alchemised into Magic Bullets if the rest of their alchemy components are available.

Priscilla has no armor save for her good old Rainbow Desperado Poncho, which is thick and sturdy, easily capable of taking an arrow. But then again who uses arrows these days? Arrows are for chumps. Priscilla refused to wear anything else as she can't wear most armor types anyway.

I'm feeling pretty good! Mana's all replenished! Ret 2 go!

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 3:07 am

How am I holding up? HP, MP, Status, Weapons, Armor in that order please and thank you.

[NPC] Drossel rolled 5 20-sided dice. Results: 16, 4, 15, 9, 6

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=291&sid=6c7de10a765478428272670e4cc60301
[NPC] Drossel
Drossel's HP is also high, though not at full due to being the teams Tank and taking most of the hits for everybody. Her Custom-made armor has withstood most of the damage dealt to her, so despite clunking around at over 100 kilograms she feels light on her feet.

Her mana is a different story. Drossel doesn't know a lot of magic, but some of her skills and abilities cost mana to use. Despite being very conservative with her skill usage, only a quarter of Drossel's MP remains. Drossel does not replenish her mana with an ether, preferring to save them for her two magic-heavy teammates.

Drossel has no negative status effects applied to her.

Drossel brought her tried and true Homewrecker Axe. The ax doesn't have any special abilities, but at that size does it really need any? With a weapon that massive and that broad a range, nothing in its way has a very good chance of walking off unscathed, let alone actually dodging.

Drossel's armor has taken some serious beatings, and if not repaired risks breaking.

My armor needs to be repaired, but other than that I think I'm good.

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 3:10 am

Full Scan. HP, MP, Status, Weapons, and Armor in that order.

[NPC] North Korea rolled 5 20-sided dice. Results: 8, 2, 7, 11, 6

[NPC] North Korea
North's HP is below half. Naturally this wouldn't be a problem as the team's Healer, but this has been a very long and uncomfortable quest for him. Some of the quicker to wit monsters figured out he's the guy keeping his team alive and targeted him more often than not.

North doesn't have enough MP to cast any of his spells, but isn't low enough to benefit from his equipment that relies on him having 0 MP. Don't ask him how he's got in this spot he's usually careful at balancing his MP management, but this damn Jelly Ogre from a few floors back drained him of 1 MP for no damn reason and it threw off his game. What the hell do you need 1 MP for you stupid-ass Jelly Ogre?! You don't even use any magic! Hell, you're immune to magic! omfg you hate those damn Jelly Ogres fml

North also has Silence cast on him thanks to the Jelly Ogre he fought. Again, Why in the hell do you need to use silence for?! YOU'RE IMMUNE TO MAGIC YOU JELLY-ASS-OGRE! He didn't even need to steal that 1 MP from him because, last time you checked, Silence doesn't cost one MP!!!

North's only weapon is also the only weapon he's ever had to carry: His Own Bare Hands. He's able to cast all of his spells directly from his palms, allowing his magic to flow more naturally. It's no more effective than using a wand or enchanted equipment, but hes read some articles about how it's suppose to be "healthier" that way.

North doesn't wear any armor save for his Magenta Starstruck Spectacles and an Amulet of Banishing Darkness under his coat. His iconic glasses negate certain curses such as Blindness, and the amulet illuminates the area around him, providing him and his team light deep in the underground ruins they explore. North's vision won't be obscured any time soon, unfortunately.

Can't use my magic, low on HP, low on MP. I wanna go home so badly right now.

North takes a couple of Medium Ether's and a Medium Potion. The party looses x2 Medium Ethers and x1 Medium Potion.

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 3:12 am

HP, MP, Status, Weapons, Armor, you know the drill. CALLING IT NOW, ALL 10 OR ABOVE!

[NPC] Michi rolled 5 20-sided dice. Results: 12, 3, 15, 18, 18

[NPC] Michi
mnfnmmfnnnf fnnknng gnndg dmmn sunnova frrkknng....

Michi's HP is a little above half. She's lost a little more by taking damage for her team, but as the Guild Captain she would be disgraced to let her party come in harms way and not intervene. She could take a health potion, but she feels like she doesn't need it yet. She can just use her Auto-Item ability if things get rough.

Michi's MP is a different story. She has juuuuust enough to cast the one spell in her arcana that is completely useless in this situation. She downs two Medium Ether's at the same time and fixes this sleight. The party looses x2 Medium Ethers.

Michi has no curses placed on her, thank goodness!

Michi also has THE BEST armor. She just doesn't have it equipped right now. She can equip it any time she wants to. She just doesn't want to right now. She does, however, have a Compass of Fortune equipped, which allows her to re-do any coin flip her party members make once per action.
She also has a pair of matching swords to go with her armor, which are also THE BEST. Well, I mean, they're not BEST best, because, I mean, she rolled an 18, but they're still pretty friggin' good, and they can integrate with her armor. Also, the armor and sword set cost like 150,000 zenny so they better be good.

Alright, we could be better, but I think we're good enough for whatever is in or beyond this last room.

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 3:14 am

Next

Return to 10th Aniversary