10th Aniversary Extravaganza!!!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=ffa832554dd7505ddbe62872faec0822
[NPC] Naru

Naru removes another item from her inventory.

Paradox Bandit

A watch modeled after the clock in Central Park. You've had this for a while, but you don't remember when or where you got it from.

The Paradox Bandit in Naru's hand snaps to the one around her neck. Both of the watches merge into a single watch with two faces.

Double Paradox Bandit

The Paradox Bandit you've carried with you all this time has finally met its counterpart and has become the Double Paradox Bandit, able to carry two separate timelines within itself, nullifying the paradox you've created.

What the hell...

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 12:55 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=62&sid=ffa832554dd7505ddbe62872faec0822
[NPC] Grim
It worked! High five!

Robin high-fives Grim. Naru is flipping through her old notebook. The first page has been replaced with Naru's message to her past self. Every other note or scribble she's made in the book has moved down by one page.

[NPC] NaruI remember finding this message when I first got this notebook... but why do I also remember this not being here?

The Paradox you created has been nabbed by the Paradox Bandit! What you're remembering are two slightly different, but separate timelines. The Paradox Bandit is able to nullify the two conflicting timelines by assimilating them together. Don't worry, you're still you. You just remember everything this Naru remembers - and will remember, as well as everything you remember before tampering with the timeline. Alternatively, this Naru will remember the un-tampered timeline once she becomes you. Problem solved!

[NPC] NaruHow does that work?!

It just does.

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 1:05 am

[NPC] Naru
Alright, you've proven your point. Now I just have to keep Ai from dying in the first place and nullify the paradox by assimilating the timelines, or something... right?

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 1:40 am

[NPC] Grim
Well, Ai's death has a lot to do with how the next few years play out.

[NPC] NaruWhat do you mean?

Hoo boy... guess I should explain that as well, huh? Oh well, can't be helped.

What I mean is, something big is about to happen. Normally I'm not free to talk about this, but this temporal anomaly around the park may just be a happy accident as it created a blind spot of sorts. The other Reapers don't know you're here and can't listen in on us even if they did. But that won't stop them from going on with whatever they have planned.

[NPC] NaruGrim you're scaring me.

[NPC] RobinIsn't that your job, Grim?

N-No... but what I mean is there's been some... friction within the Reaper ranks over the last couple of decades. Ever since a new pair of Astral Beasts emerged into the world there's been debate on what to make of them. Their unique control over their own spirits rivals the power given to the Reapers themselves, and threatens to wrestle from them control over the living world. In other words, those Reapers are afraid of you, Naru. They're afraid of the changes you could make to this world, the world they've controlled for thousands of years. They're afraid you'll disrupt the balance they've painstakingly tried to preserve.
Of course, not all Reapers feel this way. To them having another Astral Beast on their side could help to organize the Reaper ranks, and better moderate Reaper Games.

As for me, I don't have any strong feelings either way. I'm just glad something fun is happening for a change. :ego:

[NPC] RobinHe just wants to watch them all fight each other.

But the most divisive of subjects is what to make of the Time Traveler Ai Hanasaku. If you think the Reapers have it out for you, well... Ai has it a whole lot worse. In fact, I suspect there was some... how would you say... "foul play" with her recent Reaper Game...

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 1:58 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=72&sid=ffa832554dd7505ddbe62872faec0822
[NPC] Robin
Ai's Reaper Game was rigged. Because of "reasons" the Reapers don't want Ai being revived. Of course, this is completely illegal, even more illegal than that time Grim killed my ex boyfriend, but they tried to cover it up by blaming it on a paradox. And you should know the rest of the story by now. They promise to fix the paradox if you help them while they have no intention of actually fulfilling their end of the bargain.

Grim and I think there's going to be an uprising within the Reaper ranks over this. There might even be a sect of Reapers aiming to seize power over the Astral Plane itself. The Reaper Captain doesn't know what to make of this. She's afraid if she acts to soon it'll only speed things up, but if we do nothing this conflict could spill over into the living world.

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 2:15 am

[NPC] Grim
But that's years away from now, so don't worry about all that.

[NPC] NaruBut it's 2009 where I'm from.

Oh... uh... yeah, maybe you should worry in that case.

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 2:31 am

[NPC] Naru
Hey, if I get to fight some Reapers again I'm not complaining.

[NPC] RobinDon't count on getting that rematch against Lily Anne though. She's with us.

Dang...

...then again, I can't help it if there's some accidental friendly fire, right?

[NPC] GrimPlease don't beat up my subordinates.

Ugh, fine...

So this Reaper rebellion is how Ai died to begin with?

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 2:33 am

[NPC] Grim
As far as I know, yes. She never really talked about it that much. I guess it was that traumatic? She did mention the uprising though, and the effect it had on the living world. I can only imagine she also grew up during that dystopic time period.

[NPC] NaruI get it. I just need to help stop this Reaper rebellion and this whole thing can be avoided, right?

N-No... I was just explaining the situation. That's not what I actually want you to do.

I'm sorry, was I not being clear?

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 3:05 am

[NPC] Naru
GRIM!

[NPC] GrimAlright! Alright! Do you really want to know what you need to do to save Ai?

YES! TELL ME ALREADY!

[NPC] GrimIt's not something the average person can do, let alone something easy.

I don't care if it isn't easy! Tell me what it is!

[NPC] GrimAre you sure? It really isn't easy.

Yes I'm sure!

[NPC] GrimAlright, then without any more delay, may I present to you what you need to do to stop the paradox and save your friend, which, believe it or not...

WHAT DO I NEED TO FREAKING DO?!

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 3:21 am

[NPC] Grim
Spoiler:
Nothing!

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 3:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary