10th Aniversary Extravaganza!!!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=87929de9dd422ddda098e573043a8600
[NPC] Naru
Ai's okay? She's going to be okay?

[NPC] GrimYes, yes, she's going to be okay. I've taken care of everything like I always do...

Well okay, maybe not everything. Most of it just sort of took care of itself by happenstance. Time travel, am I right?

...But I thought...

Doesn't she... not exist anymore?

Post » Tue May 10, 2016 11:53 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=62&sid=87929de9dd422ddda098e573043a8600
[NPC] Grim
Well to be honest she's in a sort of quantum superposition at the moment where she's fluctuating between existence and non-existence, sort of like how a Schrödinger's cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Right now the timeline is trying to work out whether or not she is or she isn't, and since history is still being written she's flip-flopping between both possibilities, which isn't a particularly pleasant experience. I've never experienced it personally, but I've heard it's like having a migraine, carpel tunnel, and other muscle cramps simultaneously all while-

[NPC] NaruThat doesn't sound like she's fine!!!

L-Let me finish! Being in existential limbo is bad... if we weren't keeping her in a paradox-proof room of my own design. Well, maybe not a "room" as you'd put it. Technically... i-it's a coffin.

[NPC] NaruYou shoved her in a coffin?!

...I wouldn't say shoved. And it's bigger on the inside.

My point is, she's being kept in there so she can exist independently of the timeline. It's just that... s-she can't leave, you see, or... well, you know...
...but once the timeline works itself out and all the variables settle into constants she should be fine. And hey, once the timeline stabilizes completely you can even visit her if you want!

Post » Tue May 10, 2016 11:59 am

[NPC] Naru
I... guess that's okay. It still doesn't change the fact she lost her Reaper Game.

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 10:07 pm

[NPC] Grim
True, can't really do anything about that, but in the end does it really matter?

History is still being written, and if that's the case it's just a matter of preventing her from dying in the first place.

[NPC] NaruThat's kind of what I was going to do when I first got here. Well, I was gonna wait until Halloween 07 came around so I could prevent her from losing her Reaper Game to begin with.

That is a lot to go through just to save your friend, especially when there were solutions that would be both easier and less dangerous... She must mean a lot to you.

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 10:14 pm

[NPC] Naru
Of course!
When things got really bad, she was one of the few people I could actually count on. And she's helped me and my friends out dozens of times already. Plus, she's just really fun to be around. I don't know how to explain it, but it's like she gets me. She's just really cool, you know?

[NPC] GrimIs that all she is to you? A really good friend?

You got a problem with that?

[NPC] GrimNo no no! Not at all! That's fine! Really!
It's just... that's it, isn't it? Nothing else about her you're not telling me? Be honest now, it's important.

...wait, you don't think... we're a "thing" do you?

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 10:34 pm

[NPC] Grim
......w- huh?...

[NPC] RobinBwahahahahahahahahahahaaa!!!~
Good going Grim! You are the master of context!

[NPC] NaruLook, Ai's a really awesome friend, okay? I just don't think of her like "that" you know?

I... I wasn't implying...

[NPC] NaruWhat else could you have possibly meant?

[NPC] RobinMan Grim, you just walked right into that one, didn't you?
Hey, congratulations Matsuri-san. You're one of the only people I kinda know to make Grim lose his composure.

*ahem* Let me try an rephrase that. Naru, have you ever wondered why Ai was almost erased from history to begin with?

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 10:35 pm

[NPC] Naru
I don't know, she got stuck in a paradox or something. I'm not an expert on time travel, but I'm assuming it's really dangerous to play around with. Ai must've messed up somewhere and somehow erased herself from history. Why do you ask?

[NPC] GrimOh, I was just wondering if you knew, because I sure don't. Definitely don't, that's for sure.

Ugh....

So I'm suppose to make sure Ai never dies in the first place. Is that what you meant when you said you needed my help?

And won't that also cause a paradox? If Ai never dies, then she won't come back in time to play her Reaper Game, and then we never meet, so then I won't try to keep her from dying to begin with.

[NPC] GrimWell, no... see... this is all really hard to explain. Actually, let me give you a demonstration. Here, take this, and put it around your neck.

Paradox Bandit

A watch modeled after the clock in Central Park. You've... seen it before somewhere.

...Okay... Now what?

[NPC] GrimNow, take something out of the gift bag I gave you.

Ruby Notebook

A pink, rabbit-themed stationary book. It's brand new.

......W-wait. This is!...

Naru removes an item from her inventory...

Ruby Notebook

A pink, rabbit-themed stationary book. Some of the pages have been filled out already.

Wait a second... A few DVDs, light novels, at least one visual novel, a notebook, and some dolls and keychains... I got the exact same stuff over three years ago. They were all from some anonymous admirer... or something. Mom didn't know where it came from either.

Aw dammit... I'm gonna give all this to my past self, aren't I?

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 10:59 pm

[NPC] Grim
Most likely, yes, but this gives us an opportunity to experiment.

Do you remember the book being blank when you first got it?

[NPC] NaruYeah, of course. I drew some fan-art on the very first page. How could I forget?

Alright, now... Bugsy was it? Can you put this on the other Naru?

Grim hands another Paradox Bandit to Bugsy, who puts it around the sleeping Naru's neck.

Now for the fun part. I want you to take the new notebook and write something on the first page.

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 11:30 pm

[NPC] Naru
But, won't that cause a paradox?

[NPC] GrimTrust me, just write something.

What should I write?

[NPC] GrimAnything, it doesn't matter. Maybe something uplifting to your past self?

...Alrighty then.

...ugh- dammit I can't feel my fingers...

[NPC] Bugsy IIYou should probably get those hands looked at.

Quiet you...

There, now wha-

Post » Wed May 18, 2016 11:32 pm

September, 2005
One month later.

[NPC] NaruHey mom, did someone send me something?

[NPC] AsamiNaaaruuuu it's 9 in the morning.... I need my sleeeeeeeep~

[NPC] NaruThere's a bunch of stuff I don't remember buying in my suitcase. Did we go somewhere?

[NPC] AsamizzZZZZzzzzzZZZzzz

[NPC] NaruOkay, nevermind...

Ruby Notebook

A pink, rabbit-themed stationary book. It's brand new.

[NPC] NaruDid someone write in this? Their handwriting is so hard to read...

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 12:36 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary