10th Aniversary Extravaganza!!!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.

Roll for a bonus action, then cast Haste on myself.

[NPC] Naru rolled 2 20-sided dice. Results: 16, 14

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=89fa25b7064960293e5303efd7e02aa3
[NPC] Naru
Naru gets a bonus action next turn!

Naru's speed has doubled!

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 8:36 am

[NPC] Naru
Hm? Planning on running away?

[NPC] NaruN-No!

Fine by me. That would just mean admitting defeat.

[NPC] NaruOr it could mean we leave you in here and deal with you later. You still can't leave the barrier, remember?

Would you really do that? Sounds pretty dishonorable if you ask me!!!

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 8:45 am

Roll for bonus action, then I'm gonna throw a ball of Aether at my past self to intimidate her.

[NPC] Naru rolled 2 20-sided dice. Results: 13, 9

[NPC] Naru
Future!Naru gets a bonus action next turn!

Future Naru lobs an Aether Ball at Naru. It lands just inches away from her feet, but she's still a little frightened by it.

We can end this now if you just let me out of here! You don't need to get involved!

If you do, I promise nothing bad will happen to the people you care about. I'm going to fix everything so you- we don't have to suffer!

Hell, you could even avoid becoming me! Just let me out!

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 8:47 am

For my bonus action, I want to spirit myself as high up into the air as I can go. Then, before I hit the ground and accidentally kill myself, I wanna spirit myself again right behind my future self and use the velocity I gained to throw my body at her and knock her into the barrier.

[NPC] Naru rolled 2 20-sided dice. Results: 19, 15

[NPC] Naru

( I gotta end this quick before things get worse. )

( I really hope this works. )

Naru uses her spirit powers to spirit herself away thirty feet above one of the lakes in the park (just in case she messes up her second roll). She can see where her future self would be as well as the damage their fight had caused. Several trees have been blown away and the entrance is covered in debris.

Just before Naru falls into the lake, she spirits herself behind her future self and orients her trajectory to face forward instead of down.

Naru collides with Future!Naru, and sends her flying at the barrier, where she ricochets off it and flies back into the park.

Naru rolls along the ground as she comes to a stop outside the barrier. Future!Naru no doubt sustained massive damage, but Naru herself did not come out uninjured either. Naru's haste has also worn off.

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 9:08 am

How badly injured am I after that? 20 is good, 1 is bad.

[NPC] Naru rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 10

[NPC] Naru
Future!Naru was so-so injured by that. Nothing's broken, but her back really hurts and she has a bit of a limp. Future!Naru's speed has decreased.

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 9:17 am

I'm ending this. For my bonus action I'm warping over to where my past self is lying, grab her, then warping again over to a nearby lake and throwing her in!

[NPC] Naru rolled 2 20-sided dice. Results: 11, 14

[NPC] Naru
Naru attempts to warp to her past self...

But it fails. Naru had landed outside the barrier after her last move. Future!Naru is unable to warp outside the barrier to get to her.

WHAT?! WHAT?! NO! WHY?!

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 9:24 am

PUNCH THE BARRIER DOWN! I'M A FREAKING ASTRAL BEAST! NOTHING CAN STOP ME!

[NPC] Naru rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 1

[NPC] Naru

Future!Naru tries to violently punch the barrier down. Her punches don't do anything to it. In fact, the barrier starts to feed off her astral powers and recharges itself, making it twice as stable.

Future!Naru continues to furiously and desperately beat against the barrier, hoping she could break it down by sheer force of will. But no amount of punching does anything to the barrier. Regardless, Future!Naru doesn't stop. The skin on her knuckles gets scraped away, but she keeps going.

Future!Naru's punches get softer and softer over time. Bloodstains from her fists have gotten on her shirt and the surrounding barrier. Having all her energy drained, she collapses against the barrier.

She lets out a scream, and quickly breaks down into tears.

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 9:28 am

Do I have the energy to get up?

[NPC] Naru rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 15

[NPC] Naru

Naru is, of course, exhausted. However, she could easily get up if she wanted to, but what would be the point? Her future self is trapped behind a magic wall, reduced to a broken mess. There is no point in continuing this fight any longer.

Although, by fighting her future self, Naru was able to understand her better. Her words continue to ring in Naru's head as she watches the broken shell of a woman in front of her face down in a pool of her own tears.

"People die... People that are close to us..."

As vague a premonition as it is, Naru is haunted by it and how it affects her in the future. If she is successful in stopping her future self from changing history, she'll end up just like her and try to repeat the process all over again ad infinitum. Maybe it would be better to let her future self change history a little if it meant saving them both from suffering? Both of them are objectively not ordinary people, so who's to say what rules do and don't apply to them? Maybe nothing bad will happen by changing history?

But if history does change, and Naru doesn't become the person in front of her...

Hey... if you did change history, then all the stuff you went through wouldn't happen, right? And I won't become you, will I?

...what happens to you then? Won't you-

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 9:35 am

[NPC] Naru
WHO CARES WHAT HAPPENS?! This is the only way I can save them! I'm tired of living with those damn Reapers over my shoulder! Any fate would be better than being treated like their dog with my friend's existence being used as ransom! If I can just prevent her from losing her Reaper game... if that's all I was able to accomplish I could die happy!

[NPC] NaruShe sounds really important... your friend.

Ai... I'm sorry... I couldn't save you...

[NPC] NaruI think... I'm gonna call this a tie. Neither of us can fight anymore, and I don't know where Travis has gone.

BULLSHIT! You're the one lying on the ground! I can still fight! I won't stop until I'm standing on the bodies of every Reaper in the afterlife!
The year I spent in the Battle Verge... the Overlords I defeated... and everything in between! Nothing's ever stood in my way before, why should this be any different!? I'm Naru Matsuri dammit! I NEVER GIVE UP!

Also, Future!Naru's hands are broken.

[NPC] Naru...You really are me after all...

...?

[NPC] NaruYou're a bit rougher than I am, but I can tell. You're still me. So I feel like maybe... maybe I can trust you.

What do you mean... Are you... gonna let me out?

[NPC] Naru......

WELL?! Are you gonna let me out or not?!

[NPC] NaruI'll... tell you... when I... wake... up...

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 10:02 am

Fall asleep.

[NPC] Naru rolled 1 20-sided dice. Results: 7

[NPC] Naru

Naru falls alseep.

Post » Wed May 04, 2016 10:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary