10th Aniversary Extravaganza!!!

In April 2006 AniOnline was created and then slowly died off. Join us as we mourn the loss of AniOnline on it's 10th anniversary.
Forum rules
AniOnline is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. Any names or identities that may reference real people are purely fictional or exaggerated.

The content of this story is intended for mature audiences. Some themes and elements may not be suitable for everyone. Viewer discretion is advised.
./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56&sid=97b6ffe686ebbbcd7f8f9e34102edee1
[NPC] Naru

Naru arrives at the park.

Alright, what's the trouble?

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:33 am

./memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=305&sid=97b6ffe686ebbbcd7f8f9e34102edee1
[NPC] Bugsy II
Oh, hey Naru. You're not gonna believe this.

[NPC] NaruOh I doubt that.

There's some kind of magic barrier around the park. Guests aren't able to get in at all. Me and your uncle can get in though. Don't know why. We had to shut down the park either way. There goes our event, I guess?

It gets even weirder though. Someone got in somehow. And they've been trying to get out for the past few hours. I tried to talk to them and... well... you're not gonna believe who it is that's in there.

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:39 am

[NPC] Naru
Probably just some asshole that wants to make my day even more miserable than it already is.

Naru finishes her can of coffee, crushes the can in her grip and tosses it into a nearby trash can.

Alright, let's get this fixed it ain't gonna fix itself.

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:42 am

[NPC] Bugsy II
A- After you...

Naru walks into the park.

Hoo boy...

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:43 am

A throne of park benches and vending machines precariously stacked on top of each other sits near the southern entrance to the park. The machines have been emptied of their content, and several discarded wrappers overflow from public waste bins nearby. A lone figure sits at the top, spirals of magic energy swirling around in their hand like a desk toy they're messing with to kill time.

[NPC] Bugsy IIThat... does NOT look safe!

Also, that wasn't here when I last checked!

[NPC] NaruYou got some nerve making a mess of this place! Even if you wound up here by accident, there is no excuse for vandalism!

The figure doesn't bother to face Naru, and continues lounging and playing with their handful of magic.

[NPC] NaruHey! Don't ignore me! Do you even know who I am?!

[NPC] Bugsy III'm sure they do Naru, but do you know who she is?

[NPC] NaruLike that even matters.

[NPC] Bugsy III am 100% sure it does.

[NPC] NaruMaybe if they CAME DOWN HERE AND FACED ME I'D KNOW!

[NPC] ??????......fine. Have it your way.

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:54 am

[NPC] Naru
Aw crap why didn't I see this coming?

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:45 am

[NPC] Bugsy II
Yeah, see, I could have told you, but you wouldn't have believed me.

[NPC] NaruOh I don't know about that. After everything I've already been through this is hardly the weirdest thing to happen.

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:45 am

[NPC] Naru
So...

Apparently it's 2005 now.

That works out juuuuust fine.

Only problem is, there's a barrier around this park here. Mmmmmm, who would go and do something like that?

Well, I know it's aether-based, and I don't know any barrier spells yet, so neither should you. That must mean this is the work of a Reaper. Typical.

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:48 am

[NPC] Naru
Yeah, this whole park is containing a space-time anomaly, and the barrier is to keep time travelers from getting out and exploiting their knowledge of the future. Of course, if you're me then you should already know this.

[NPC] Bugsy III DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:55 am

[NPC] Naru
Yeah... funny I don't remember any of this. I don't even remember flying to Little City around this time. Why do you think that is?

Time travel's a risky business, see? Can't have any loose ends wandering about. Can't make any mistakes either. The consequences could be deadly. One wrong move and... well...
To avoid all that, memory wipes tend to happen. I would know, I've had it done to me before. Thing is, it didn't work completely for some reason. A while back I saw this lady I could care less about, but her dress reminded me of someone. Someone I had forgotten about. A close friend.

My point is, my friend, she messed up. The Reapers cleaned up the mess, and tried to make me forget about her. Maybe it would have been better that way? Maybe it wouldn't? Either way, it didn't work. I still remember.

As for the Reapers, well... they decided to capitalize on this. They knew I'd want to save her, so they made me a deal. Do whatever it is they say, and they might try and help. They knew so long as they could dangle that over my head I'd be at their beck and call. They planned to keep baiting me for as long as they could, and there'd be nothing I could do about it...

They're using you. What do you think they'll do once you do their little job for them? I think you already know the answer to that. They can't leave anyone with knowledge of the future alone. They can't have any loose ends.

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Aniversary